You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

Olorin wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Bigger image of new cover for your viewing pleasure

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/ … cover2.jpg

Around the time of the release I think I remember watching a commercial on youtube that had that hand, but it looked animated, the red star looked animated as well. Was it a dream or can anyone else remember that?

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

chinesedemocracyalterna.png

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

isnt that the same thing Hogan did as Rip in No Holds Barred? haha 16

RIP'EM!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Are both covers legit?

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

What does everyone think about the possibility of Atlas Shrugged being a bonus track, as this CD Blogspot site suggests?

Would be cool, but I have to ask whether one song is enough to justify a re-purchase....

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2 … xpire.html

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

isnt that the same thing Hogan did as Rip in No Holds Barred? haha 16

RIP'EM!

Imagine that with Mickey Rourke and "Shackler's Revenge" playing in the background, we'd have a winner... tongue

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Are both covers legit?

To quote Axl Rose: "Don't know and don't care."

wink

But seriously, I don't know if they're legit or not.
I didn't make them - I know that.
They look real.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wasnt the grenade one made by some dude on HTGTH when those shirts went on sale?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

A poster at CD.com I think, both images are fan made though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

I don't own rock band but from what I hear it is possible to 'pick apart' the tracks, so we should be able to get just vocals, or just bass.

Is this right? I can't afford to shell out on a console right now, but fuck me I'm excited at the prospect of master tracks being dissected!

So is this the case, and if so will anyone here volunteer?

The tracks will hit the GNR sites within days of being released on Rock Band. Happened with Shackler's Revenge, and definitely will with the whole album that has more anticipation.

What does everyone think about the possibility of Atlas Shrugged being a bonus track, as this CD Blogspot site suggests?

Would be cool, but I have to ask whether one song is enough to justify a re-purchase....

If its only released with one extra track, I'll just buy the song on Itunes. If they're gonna do a rerelease, no need to do it half assed. If they can put Atlas Shrugged on there, they can place it on a bonus disc that also includes Silkworms,  new version of Oh My God, a couple of these remixes, and Berlin.

A bonus disc doesn't have to be a 15 track album. It can simply be an EP added with the original record.

Gotta be honest here with what may sound like an ass kissing move, but thats one of the only decent blogs in existence. Not fond of blogs at all, and I actually ran one for this site for a few months last year. Didn't promote it or anything, and thank heavens for that, because it was just me poking fun at the old mess on evenings when stoned out of my mind. Wish I hadn't deleted it or I'd post it up and let you see the absurdity.

Only real story I posted on that was Izzy releasing Concrete, and it looked really odd in the middle of all that other shit.

Only blog type sites I check on a regular basis are that one and http://bonafide-hustler.com/

Our member tylerdurden has an interesting blog that covers a massive range of topics, but don't have the url on hand.

Like I said though, I don't really like blogs all that much. You did an excellent job promotion wise with it though and I commend you for pulling that off, because you created that blog out of nowhere and wound up with one that quite a few people check out for news. Its literally the only blog GNR fans monitor, so you created a nice niche for yourself with it. Not a lot of people comment, but that seems to plague most blogs. You get the views, just not a lot of fan interaction. That MIA blog above suffers from this as well. Quite a few people check it out(that counter got reset like a month ago), but only a few people take the time to comment.

Board footer