You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Where is the Better Video..?

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Neemo wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Sometimes i gotta laugh.
I mean why be dissapointed with sales, videos, promotion etc etc, im a fan of the band and their music not the sales figures etc.

the expectation was that it would pick up where UYI's left off sales wise...and the gnr online community made CD feel like a bigger pop culture event that it actually was...also there was the feeling that CD needed to sell at a certain level for the band to stay in existance

anyway those are the reasons i think that people harp on the sales figures so much...i agree though i love the album, its great, but i think its more of an album for a fan of axl than say someone who is more partial to the guitar duo of slash and izzy added to previous material

Thing is i was'nt around on forums over the years to be in on the hype that was going on. Fact is i never really looked them up on the net until back in late 2008 and was delighted to hear CD was just about to come out. From my perspective i just see all the doom and gloom from certain people a bit much, but to be fair to them they were here while things were hyped up i was not. Still the music is what i really care for and anything after that is a plus but if not.... well im not going to get grumpy because of it. Expect nothing then you can't be let down.  smile

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Christ, Buzz said the album was never coming out. Still calls it a flop, which it wasn't and has proclaimed himself the keeper of the old bands legacy, not to mention he has never made a "negative" comment with an unbiased opinion.

Anything he says regarding this band is pretty much irrelevant to me.

Yes.

It is a flop.

Never claimed to be the keeper of anything.

You got 1 right.  Congratulations.  That's an "F" for you.

Sounds to me like he got everything right accpet for you never claiming to be the keeper of anything.

And as for the album not selling enough for the whole 15 years of mystery.  As many added sales the 15 year wait may have provided, it very well could have detracted as well.  A LOT of people who were GNR fans in 1993 gave up somewhere along the line and didn't come crawling back in 2008.  The wait hurt far more than it helped.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

IRISH OS1R1S was the album the first you heard or did you listen to leaks before it came out?

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

It may be a flop in your eyes but 3mill worldwide is not a bad number, not what was expected but hardly a flop. Atleast i thought i read somewhere it sold 3million or am i wrong  18

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I just wanna know your perspective on the songs if the album was the first you heard them. Everybody else on here has been listening to all the different versions for years.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Olorin wrote:

IRISH OS1R1S was the album the first you heard or did you listen to leaks before it came out?

I only listened to 2 leaked tracks about 2 weeks before CD came out. One was Better and the other was Postitute. I never even knew tracks leaked until close to Cd coming out which i only found out by accident lol.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Cool. How did you find SOD, IRS, Madagascar etc on the first few listens?  Some songs had been floating around for ages and people prefered leaks or old live versions, myself included in a few cases. Did you think any of the songs sounded dated?

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I just wanna know your perspective on the songs if the album was the first you heard them. Everybody else on here has been listening to all the different versions for years.

I have been listening to Guns since the beginning and to this day i listen to the albums every week and yes it was the first time i heard CD except for those 2 tracks. Honestly i was'nt feeling the album at first but i tend to give an album a few spins before i give judgement. The more i played CD the more i liked it and now would go as far as to say its one of my fav albums of all time.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I only listened to 2 leaked tracks about 2 weeks before CD came out. One was Better and the other was Postitute. I never even knew tracks leaked until close to Cd coming out which i only found out by accident lol.

Were you a fan of GNR before?  Scratch that, just read your previous post.  Did you know about the Chinese Democracy saga and just chose not to follow?

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Nice one, I just wondered. Its good to hear unbiased reviews of the songs, I dont remember any long term poster initially loving the final version of Maddy for example, but most of the folk who bought the album wont have fell in love with the original live version, and wouldnt judge it against it.

Board footer