You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: I'm gonna share this with Evo first...

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow. This I Love is such a 'big Gun', it's hard to imagine that it might have originally been planned to leave it off CD, or scrapped altogether.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Yeah, makes you think doesn't it. Good thing they spoke some sense into him. This I Love is great

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
DCK wrote:

Yeah, makes you think doesn't it. Good thing they spoke some sense into him. This I Love is great

Yeah...makes me wonder about what other awesome stuff is sitting around rotting on an HDD somewhere...not just axl either...must be tons of artists worldwide who get doubts about their own work when it would have been amazing...

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Yeah thats what I meant. Axl might have several hits hidden around, forgotten or ignored.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Madagascar without these quotes is definitely a huge improvement. Funny that he went through so much to acquire the rights for that tripe just so he could change the dynamics of the song. I know the quotes probably mean something personal to him, but this song is just fine without them. Too bad GNR doesn't release singles like normal bands and we might have had this as a B side.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Axl knew how much TIL teetered on cheesiness. It probably, from what I understand, was pretty personal to him. Maybe he was insecure about it.

*edit*

The studio version of Madagascar just comes off bland to me, compared to the live versions. I sort of agree about the sampled quotes, but I really woudn't mind if it was just the "I have a dream" quotes sampled and the others were dropped.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

feel free to use my isp, its permanent, as long as they and the riaa dont kill me

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
mickronson wrote:

feel free to use my isp, its permanent, as long as they and the riaa dont kill me
http://www.duffydack.karoo.net/TIL.mp3

Hell yeah, screw that yousendit bullshit.  Do people still not know of mediafire???

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

This is lovely and all, but when the fuck is someone going to leak The General?

I have a good version that doesn't include the guitar solo by Robin.

You know what to do if you're interested.

Board footer