You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Tales Of The Bumblefoot : An Exclusive Interview With Ron Thal

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Interesting that your last few posts in this thread are ranting against the types of people who actually listen to this record.

One type I suppose, and why is it interesting?

Its interesting because you're basically advocating the few people left who care to leave the boards. I'm gonna start wondering if you're involved in GNR management. 16 Sounds like something they would consider. Just like Beta telling fans they don't need their money and don't care if they buy the album, then they're surprised it doesn't sell very well.

and for all the music in the world and all the music in your collections nobody really posts elsewhere.

Thats because hardcore fans hang out here and the other GNR sites. People post on sites dedicated to their favorite artists. Luscious Jackson is a great band, but its no surprise that I'm not a post whore at their communities.

So to say the only people who care about the album post on these boards is BS.

No, it isn't BS. It wasn't even a popcorn fart in pop culture, and casual music fans don't listen to it. Its not on the radio, its not being played in clubs,etc. Where are these phantom millions that are listening to it? I have yet to meet one of them.

But the doom and gloom has reached theatrical levels at times lately

Its actually less doom and gloom here then at some of these other boards, which is why I always laugh at the negative jabs this site gets.

I sometimes find myself swept up in it, usually when I'm depressed and dont have much to do. But when I'm happy and living an active lifestyle, I just find I dont have much time or interest to pick the bones and over analyse everything. My interest in GN'R becomes nearly all about the music and my main concern is what cd throw on a turn up loud.
I know everyone isnt like me, but I do feel some people, who I sometimes imagine  beating the ground in dispair and howling about the injustice and cruelty GN'R fans suffer at the hands their beloved band -would benefit greatly from logging off and finding something better to do

Of course you get swept up in it. You're a hardcore fan. There's nothing wrong with it. There are millions of sites for hardcore fans of artists. We just follow a band that doesn't do very much, so there's usually a cloud of frustration over the communities.

would benefit greatly from logging off and finding something better to do

Blah. That net cliche got old years ago. Who are you(or me) to tell people what to do with their time? If I can find the time to work, fuck my girlfriend, take a handful of pills, go to a club or some party, and still find the time to post here from 10 to 20 times a day(whether positive or negative), I'm sure others know how to manage their time as well.

I think this site has a nice balance. You have people like faldor, CSS, atari,etc. who see the glass half full, and we have people like buzzsaw, axlin08, SG,etc. who see it as half empty, and we debate the contents of what exactly it is in that glass.

I have no interest in running any of those people off just because they aren't drowning in kool aid.

If they want to drown in kool aid, I know one site they'd like better than this one.

If they want to post in a troll factory, I know a few sites they'd like better than this one.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Olorin wrote:

But post CD, some good things have happened in the last 6 months

I don't wanna insult you, but... what?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Turn off your computers and go outside, get some fresh air and find a hobby. The more time I spend away from the internet and actually live my life, the more I enjoy the album and it becomes all about the music. Fuck all this shit talk and gossip. "CD is toast" " "The band is dead in the water" "Axls only chance in the world is to reunite"

for me personally i just dont bother with most things posted about gnr...i have been able to separate the music from the drama....its hard though, but when i listen to CD my feelings on the music are totally outside my opinions on the drama that surrounds Axl and the band..if you guys recall i dunno but i withheld commenting on the music for a few days after the album was released, cuz in my mind i had to separate the product from the leadup to the release

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Well I enjoyed Chinese Democracy, Axls venture online, the Spinner interview, 2 Tommy interviews, Brains interview, 2 Bumblefoot interviews - I dont have a playstation but I know a lot of the fans enjoyed the Rockband thing. Are they not some good things?

Things could be a lot better, but they could have been a hell of a lot worse.
I remember 2002-2006...

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

James I'm talking about all the boards in general, I read em all nearly, I'm not bashing this place.
And your right, this place is not as bad as the others for "negativity" and it doesnt deserve to take those jabs.

I dont even know what the fuck kool aid is, thats some American slang or something. Nor have I ever hear GN'R in clubs, here you get house, techno etc played in clubs. And I dont know anyone who bought the last U2 album, I havnt heard a note of it anywhere - but I'm assuming someone bought it and someone enjoys it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Olorin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Well I enjoyed Chinese Democracy, Axls venture online, the Spinner interview, 2 Tommy interviews, Brains interview, 2 Bumblefoot interviews - I dont have a playstation but I know a lot of the fans enjoyed the Rockband thing. Are they not some good things?

Things could be a lot better, but they could have been a hell of a lot worse.
I remember 2002-2006...

That Stinson interview has been the highlight of the post CD era.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Oh and I dont know shit about GN'R management and their wily ways, nor would I even consider joining anyones propaganda machine.
I'm a fucking loner til the day I die 14

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Brains, Modern Drummer, interview was my favourite. I particuarly pay attention to the different drumming styles on each song now. "Sorry" doesnt have much going on at all, I was watching a Brain tutorial and he said he finds songs like that really difficult because he wants to add shit. He used Billie Jean" as an example of a basic beat that would be ruined if you just didnt hold that constant groove because its all the song needs.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I'm talking about all the boards in general, I read em all nearly.

I cant do that anymore...it just got to be too much, as for message boards go, this is pretty much the only one i post at or read...i'm a part timer on a message board for an author whose books i enjoy reading, but unless the title intersts me i dont even click the threads over there

the whole thing about that book series is that its similar to the way cd is...the series started at a trilogy in 1989, then in 13 or somethign it was lengthend to a sextet, then it was suposed to be 10 novels, then the eleventh came out and the author got sick and vowed that he would finish it at book 12, then he died in 07 and they havea ghost writer finishing the series and it was jsut announced that the remaning book would be split in 3 ... i guess i'm jsut a sucker for punishment 16

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

You know I'm a Tolkien geek, but I dont delve to much into the message boards incase it spoils my enjoyment. More because, apart from Tolkiens explicit and recorded explanations of what things mean and symbolise, the rest is my own personal perception as the reader. I dont really need anything else fullfil my enjoyment.
The fact that there is such a vast reserve of literature out there from Tolkien himself helps lol, no need for any fucking "insiders" there 14

Board footer