You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Bumble playing with Lita Ford

Gong wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

Bridgeview Musicfest

Lita Ford, Warrant, Lynch Mob, LA Guns, Adlers Appetite, Enuff Znuff, The Leftovers

Saturday, July 04, 2009 at 3 PM

Will we get an Adler/Bumblefoot collab?

More importantly which LA GUNS is it? 22

Could we see a Tracii/Adler/Bumble collab. Three different eras of GN'R collding at once 16

It's the Tracii version (with Jizzy Pearl).

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

"gnrs blessings" like anyone but axl gives a shit, or has a shit to give...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I don't wanna be mean BUT!  Ever noticed that aside Robin, that Axl's hired guns are only hired by washed up acts that do club tours and or are irrelevant today?  Fortus with Nena although I have to give him a pass for the Rihanna gig.  Ron with Lita Ford.  There is no way she can pack an arena unless she's an opener.  And the ones who get hired with big name bands or artists are gone.  See Robin, Brain, Bucket.  Does that mean that the others are not as good as we'd hope they would be?

Umm, not to be mean, but.... Axl's a washed up act too. hmm

Well I didn't wanna get bashed straight to hell so I thought I'd stop there.  But isn't it sad that Axl is almost at the same level as LA Guns, Lita Ford and so forth?

Axl is washed up, but I agree with James & Handsome... I wouldn't compare him to Lita or LA Guns or even a Sebastian Bach.

GNR's flops/failures are still mega successes in their world.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I don't wanna be mean BUT!  Ever noticed that aside Robin, that Axl's hired guns are only hired by washed up acts that do club tours and or are irrelevant today?  Fortus with Nena although I have to give him a pass for the Rihanna gig.  Ron with Lita Ford.  There is no way she can pack an arena unless she's an opener.  And the ones who get hired with big name bands or artists are gone.  See Robin, Brain, Bucket.  Does that mean that the others are not as good as we'd hope they would be?

Umm, not to be mean, but.... Axl's a washed up act too. hmm

Well I didn't wanna get bashed straight to hell so I thought I'd stop there.  But isn't it sad that Axl is almost at the same level as LA Guns, Lita Ford and so forth?

LA Guns played down the street from me last year in South Windsor, CT.  I'm sure you've never heard of the town.  They went from playing the Sunset Strip to playing Sullivan Ave. in 20 years.  I can assure you that Axl, or GNR would NEVER have to play in South Windsor, CT.  So stop with the RIDICULOUS comparisons.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

LA Guns actually played in a pizza place last year. No joke. People talked about it on Sludge. There were a handful of people in the room, most not even knowing or caring who they were.

I don't care how many dated tracks Axl chooses to release, he'll never be at that level. The guy's one monster hit away from being back on the cover of every music mag and website, and LA Guns isn't.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Even with everything going on, I don't think even that's necessary James.

Axl could simply not release anything, let his myth return, do a few short tours here and there for cash grabs with his current band, show up on Eddie Trunk every few years, and he'd still be treated like he's God by those people.

Even Rolling Stone would continue their "Where's Axl Rose?" schtick for decades longer.

Will the anticipation for a new album ever be there again? Probably not.

But the man will remain a legend for the rest of his life based on his past successes alone.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I'll give it to you guys that I was a harsh by comparing Axl to Lita Ford and my sincerest appologies for ruffling your feathers.  But where I still stick to what I said is that the hired Guns are hired by really washed up artists like Ford.  And that makes me think that they MAY not be as good as we make them out to be.  And Axlin I agree that Axl is a legend but nowadays a washed up legend like you said.  And James I hope GNR don't get to the level of playing at pizza places.  Iiiish!

Gong

Gong wrote:

I'd love to be able to see GN'R play at a pizza place.

And in defense of South Windsor, CT - they do have an international airport!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

I'd love to be able to see GN'R play at a pizza place.

And in defense of South Windsor, CT - they do have an international airport!

Club 645, you ever been there?  I took a triple take when I drove by there one day and saw LA Guns on the "billboard" (and I use the term billboard loosely).  A friend of mine admitted to liking "The Ballad of Jayne" one day and ever since then I've joked with him about LA Guns being his favorite band.  I instantly called him to tell him his favorite band was playing down the road and asked him if he wanted to go, and he joked that they were probably already sold out.  We didn't end up going.  I wonder which version of LA Guns it was?  And does it really matter?  Is one better than the other?  On the one hand I'd want to see the one with Tracii Guns in it, but on the other hand I'd want to hear the band with the "voice" of the band.  Tough decision, I chose neither in the end.

Gong

Gong wrote:

If you're feeling like grinning, take a look at Club 645's MySpace page http://www.myspace.com/club645pizzapub1

"THIS FORMER CLUB WAS RUN BY AN ASSHOLE NAMED GUY. THIS PAGE HAS BEEN HIJACKED BY ME, JOAQUIN, TO LET PEOPLE KNOW THE TRUTH. AFTER I BASICALLY SAVED HIS BUSINESS, HE STOLE ALL MY EQUIPMENT. I'E BEEN TRYING TO WORK THINGS OUT WITH HIM FOR MONTHS TO NO AVAIL, SO HERE IS THE FIRST SALVO OF MY ATTACK ON HIM; WHICH WILL ULTIMATELY END WITH ME HAVING HIM ARRESTTED ONCE I FIGURE OUT WHERE HE PAWNED THE SOUND SYSTEM. I USED TO FEEL FOR THE GUY, BUT IN RETROSPECT HE WAS NOTHING BUT A LOW LIFE PIECE OF SHIT WHO CHEATED ON HIS WIFE EVERY CHANCE HE GOT ..."

Board footer