You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: New AIC Album Sept 29

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh FUCK YEAH 9

All those other bands out there for the last 10+ just ripping off AIC... look out, they're back to take their throne.

Totally AIC, basic, straight forward, radio ready, classic rock-vibed, yet totally modern rocker. A+ all around. This will appeal to the most diehard AIC fans, and casual modern rock fans. Great song.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Oh FUCK YEAH 9

All those other bands out there for the last 10+ just ripping off AIC... look out, they're back to take their throne.

Totally AIC, basic, straight forward, radio ready, classic rock-vibed, yet totally modern rocker. A+ all around. This will appeal to the most diehard AIC fans, and casual modern rock fans. Great song.

...still think it's gonna be "cosmos rocks"? wink 19

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

It's my fault for not knowing what I should have known.

No fuckin' way brother. 3

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:

Wow, I thought I had to wait until Monday when I got to work... Just to hear this single, but thanks to Metal Insider [who posted it first], I get the track early. Perfect timing with the weekend and all. This is really exceeding my expectations so far. Can't wait to hear the album next weekend, DuVall really sounds like Layne in some parts, rather errie shit in a killer way, perfect track for radio.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, it's not too bad, although neither Check My Brain or a A Looking In View, blow me away as classic AIC, but both are pretty good.
The one thing both these songs are calling for is some killer lead guitar from Jerry, but there isn't any, it's just riffing aside from a little bit in Check My Brain. I hope there are some tasty guitar solos throughout the rest of the album.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

according to that track by track review, there are some.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

When I first heard they had a new singer I didn't even want to check them out. And I didn't for a while. Little by little the new guy broke down my wall. I love this new single. As Axlin said a lot of bands have ripped on AIC and now Jerry and the boys are here to teach them how to do it properly. I can see this being a big rock radio hit. And I am beginning to feel we have another album too add to the very short list of amazing hard rock albums of the 00s.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

just listened to this new song 3 times. AiC are back and heavier than ever no doubt.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

When I first heard they had a new singer I didn't even want to check them out. And I didn't for a while. Little by little the new guy broke down my wall. I love this new single. As Axlin said a lot of bands have ripped on AIC and now Jerry and the boys are here to teach them how to do it properly. I can see this being a big rock radio hit. And I am beginning to feel we have another album too add to the very short list of amazing hard rock albums of the 00s.

you know the material is good when it is opinion changing. you have a very open mind for being able to give the music a chance despite the politics behind it. i find many people are predisposed to hating certain tracks just because of the artist, or the type of person the artist is, or the genre of music (myself included on some occasions.

there's no denying that the replacement of layne is a huge hurdle for this band. however, i do feel that they are laying the blueprint for the successful "carrying on" if you will of a band that loses an essential piece.

its a slow process. at first they started out just jamming with an ensemble of singers at various occasions. then they saw the reaction they got, and did a festival tour around the world, with a singer that kind of stayed out of the spotlight for the most part. they didn't shove him down people's throats. they let people get accustomed to the new voice. then they did a U.S. club tour, and kicked it into another gear. next thing you know they are opening for velvet revolver, reaching out some new/old fans, then they have the following they need to create new music and leave an indelible mark on the band's legacy.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Like I referenced way back with "Cosmos Rocks", I think AIC has also seen the mistakes Queen made, left and right. People identify with a certain sound of a band. Vocals + Guitar = uniqueness. Biggest reason bands like VR & new GN'R fall flat on audiences, is because they are missing an ingredient. VR doesn't have Axl's vocals, and new GN'R doesn't have Slash's guitar, to truely give it that Guns N' Fuckin' Roses reciepe.

Queen + Paul Rodgers was missing Queen + Freddie Mercury. It's no wonder Brian May hit up Adam Lambert to become Queen's new singer, because he has those Freddieisms and that great range. He'd be perfect for their old catalog and new vintage Queen songs.

AIC saw all this go down imo (not the Lambert thing), but saw the mistakes all of these other bands made when replacing either vocalists or guitarists. I think it helps AIC w/ DuVall big time that Cantrell is doing the same kind of backing vocals he did back in the old days of AIC, and DuVall sounds ALOT like Layne. The melodies stay the same... BAM the band goes on. It sounds like AIC, both Looking In View & Check My Brain.

It is tricky, and most would say a new singer just copying the old is "blasphemy", "sacriledge", blah blah blah. In the end, I truely think it's the best option. People warm up to it alot better.

If Slash & Duff try another band, they need to get an Axl-soundalike (not actalike tho), and tour doing mostly Guns tunes w/ new songs.

Board footer