You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Chinese Democracy (Guitar Tab Book)

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This book was always a pipe dream.

The delay isn't because the guitars are "too complex". The delay is because everything GNR related is a giant clusterfuck.

Oh i didn't mean that it's too complex to tab, those transcription guys could tab out anything, although I am worried that when it finally comes that the publisher pay not have bothered to spend the dollars reqired to TAB it well. (Ie...might just put basic chords rather than decompiling and finding all 200 rhythm guitar tracks, skip the fill parts, and do a 1 listen guess on the fretless solos). Like it can be done well, but will they pay the guy what it costs to spend the time to do it well. But yeah..i doubt that's the cause of the problem. Most likely some legal issue or other or they just arn't paying attention to it.

But anyway...I agree it does seem to be a classic GNR wait. I'd like to think I will eventually get it though, I mean they eventually released an album, so why not the tab, especially cos the photo mock up isn't the normal album cover, so that kind of implies to me the publisher was semi-serious about doing it at least if they have a potetial design layout and stuff...

I must say i can't understand why those business type things get fucked up though. Like if Axl doesn't feel like touring or recording on our schedule not his own, that makes a lot of sence really, as I can see that's his life and whatever. That's it's own thing. But stuff like this confuses me. what reason is there for them not to exploit their own brand properly? Why not build a proper web store, get some new merch out there, do stuff like the tab book and that kind of stuff. I'm not like angry about it. I just don't understand why they do it that way, i would have thought it wouldn't cost much to get some merch out there, and I know I'd buy it...just a lost chance really. Oh well..i'm keeping my order open...hopefully one day I'll see some tab!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Amazon.com wrote:

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on June 27 2009 (Order# XXXX):

Guns N' Roses "Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy"
    Estimated arrival date: November 03 2009 - November 10 2009

That's probably cos the shipping to oz is like 3-4 weeks, so this means maybe it's in usa in about a month from now? It's positive that they've decided they have a date now rather than the "not sure" approach of the previous email.

I'm fucking pumped to have this book, can't wait to attempt some of the tab!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

November huh? Just in time for the next album smile

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

November huh? Just in time for the next album smile

Lol...imagine that...IF that happened it would blow my mind...but of course it's pretty unlikely at this stage.

I do think it sounds like the Tab book is actually coming out now though, as from the wording of that mail, it sounds like they've actually sourced it now rather than just expecting delivery...but I could be wrong.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Well we're in September. Just wait for a new track to appear on a video game. No promo. Taped recoridng of a BB conference. No promo. Slap a couple of the songs on a couple of film soundtracks. No promo. Then release a song to radio turn the site into a countdown timer. No promo. Then drop the album into BB stores across the US and watch no one buy it.

That sound right?

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

I could see the band doing that again, but Best Buy? No way.

Fool me once, shame on you...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Well we're in September. Just wait for a new track to appear on a video game. No promo. Taped recoridng of a BB conference. No promo. Slap a couple of the songs on a couple of film soundtracks. No promo. Then release a song to radio turn the site into a countdown timer. No promo. Then drop the album into BB stores across the US and watch no one buy it.

That sound right?

I'm surprised we haven't gotten the annual MTV VMA rumors yet this year.  That's coming up in a week or so I think.  Are we at a stage where the VMA rumors wouldn't be the least bit believable?  Not that they ever really were, but that didn't stop them from coming from all angles.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Whats funny is this is the first time ever that the rumor would be believable(they have an album), yet no one cares enough to even start the rumor.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i guess people are learning not to make assumptions with this band...lol....

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The VMA's the last couple of years have really sucked.  It used to be an event, now it's just a joke.  Not sure GNR would fit in anymore, nor am I sure I'd want them to.  I could just see them playing between Lady Gaga and The Jonas Brothers.  Rock on!

Board footer