You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Chinese Democracy (Guitar Tab Book)

faldor wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axl S wrote:

These actually showing up on sites like Amazon is definetly a good sign.

16 16 16 16

honestly? did we jsut forget about the past decade before the album was out? amazon and the like dont know any more than you or I

But that was before the album was out 16 Also these have the tag [Bb][IMPORT] Most likey standing for Best Buy Import. Which would mean that Amazon have received word from Best Buy to expect imported new copies of the album soon.

In other news the album now only costs £5.98 on Amazon:haha:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chinese-Democra … dpp_ttl_in

I checked the US amazon site and they have the 2 alt. versions up there too, with the (Bb) mark.  The original version is selling for $4.90 + $2.98 shipping.  I assume that's merely a coincidence and the prices have been that low for awhile.  Although, altogether with shipping that's still around $8.  Good deal, but not exactly giving it away.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not buying it. Fake.

And jarmo would know.

I am wondering what he's alluding to with "surprise."

jarmo doesn't know jack.

I posted those scans on HTGTH and he immediately PM'ed me with a slew of questions.

FYI.

He pretty much said he didn't know if they were real or not.  He just doesn't want them posted on his site without approval from the powers that be.  Pretty much standard for the way he runs his site.  I wouldn't make much of it.

faldor

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

I am leaning to fake now due to Tobias not being credited on Prostitute...but I am fairly naive about these things.

Someone over at www.chinese-democracy.blogspot.com noticed too that there are still mistakes in the lyrics.  In Sorry they list one line as "You talk to much"  instead of TOO much.  Not a huge mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.  You'd think a proofreader would've caught that if it was official.  Although who knows with all the things we've seen over the years.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think the "rerelease" is just getting rid of the stuff they originally intended to sell anyway.  I don't see it as a rerelease, I see it as a let's try to sell all the shit nobody has bought yet as a rerelease.

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think the "rerelease" is just getting rid of the stuff they originally intended to sell anyway.  I don't see it as a rerelease, I see it as a let's try to sell all the shit nobody has bought yet as a rerelease.

That's how I view it at this point.  I can very easily seeing the 2 alternate covers hitting Best Buy without much of a peep.  After all, like Buzz said, there were supposed to be the 3 covers to begin with.  This isn't like groundbreaking news or anything.  Until I see some actual effort to push this thing by the band I don't believe anything will change.

I mean, I hope we get some band involvement but I'm not sure what would lead anyone to believe that that'll happen NOW.  Aside from Axl's comment about things being planned for down the road intentionally.  But we all know Axl has said things in the past that haven't exactly come to fruition.  So I guess I'm just going off of what I know, or better yet what I'm used to.

As always I'll remain optimistically hopeful yet realistically skeptical.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

There really should be an additional track or two with these to justify a re-purchase.

Will fans buy these 2 discs just for different artwork?

Will the booklets for 'The Hand' and 'Grenade' cover be differerent, or is it just the cover that differs?

Who knows

The user who leaked us all the info about the BEST BUY convention last September insisted there were 15 tracks on the CD. This is the only thing that user was wrong about.

Another user who claimed to hear a "promo" copy of the CD also said it contained 15 tracks.

There were RUMORS for a while saying Track 15 would be an iTunes exclusive or a B-side to a single.

I've been told there were a couple of different tracks being considered for Chinese Democracy before the tracklist was set.

However, I don't think Axl will blow any of his "A-List" tracks on a re-issue.

The only thing I could see Axl releasing on a re-issue is something like the re-worked "Oh My God" or some other "throw-away" track.

If anything I would guess we could get remixes ... maybe.

But knowing the stinginess of Axl and the Record company it'll probably just be the new booklet.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

The only thing I could see Axl releasing on a re-issue is something like the re-worked "Oh My God" or some other "throw-away" track.

Checkmate and Silkworms too. Since Chi Dem was basically a disc of leaks I'd assume they were candidates too 9

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
strat0 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm going to say it isn't correct.  If he's playing Robin's, he's probably playing it too well and if it's BH's...well...if he's playing it 100% right, your band better make it somewhere.  Soon.

Actually the way TWAT is tabbed out Bucket's isn't all that hard. just a bit fast in places. And We're still trying to find a way to replicate the killswitch sound without butchering his guitar : /

The part he is having the most trouble with is the part around 5:56
and the crazyness at the very end

Just do what Ron does and rapid-pick the killswitch parts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad2UV-JgdXU&fmt=18

Ah...ok trem pick em. I shoulda thought about that lol.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they tack on Checkmate, Silkworms, or a reworked Oh My God, or a combination of the three.

Or this may just be part of the BB deal. If they were promised 3 different covers as part of the deal they have to get them, or they can sue.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Someone over at HTGTH said he ordered one of the alternate versions at amazon (US) and was told it would arrive on July 2nd.  If that's true the coinciding release date of June 30th for the guitar tab book would certainly fit.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

how come when i search amazon i dont get the alt versions popping up?

Board footer