You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: "The Spaghetti Incident?" (14 Years On)

Will wrote:
madagas wrote:

.....Izzy being taken off the songs didn't help either.:flame:   and these demos are just badass.:nervous:

That's because they have Izzy on them 14

Can't get enough of the Estranged instrumental, now thats badass tongue

Sky Dog wrote:

I guess Axl was sleeping when this shit was recorded!....actually he is adding some tasty piano to 14 years...:lol:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Interesting Slash interview. I'm sure I read it back then, but its cool to see it again in hindsight. Really shows how ambitious the band was at the time, but wasn't exactly sure how far to take it.

I do find it funny that he says there are no singles and the albums had about 10 or so singles. One cover he forgot to mention from those UYI sessions is Aint It Fun. That was definitely on UYI tracklists in the months before the albums were released.

I really liked how the band communicated with its fanbase constantly back then regarding the project. We got news every month regarding the recording process.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

nugdafied wrote:

Man, I remember sneaking out of my house at midnite to drive to the indy record store & picking up TSI. I still have that same disc. The cd didn't really impress me much, then years later, I got a job managing this kitchen & out of nowhere some kid put TSI on the stereo. That nite really made me appreciate how good GNR & this album were. I guess maybe it was because I listened to it from a different perspective other than sitting in my room picking it apart & thinking about how uncool GNR had become at that point. No one there had any idea I love GNR & to see younger people getting into it made me appreciate what it was. It's not AFD, but it really is a fun, hard rocking little cd. 'Ain't It Fun' & 'I Don't Care About You' are definitely my two favorite cuts.

James

James wrote:

Buick Makane gets very little respect. I don't know why. Sure, that Big Dumb Sex outro sucks big time, but the rest of the track is great.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think TSI is a fine album for what it is.  Mixing a couple cover songs into an album is OK, all cover songs is a tough sell no matter who you are.  I don't think all the songs do the originals justice, but they are what Guns was at it's core.  I think the guitar work on most of those songs is great and I'd love to hear TSI instrumentals if they exist.

James

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'd love to hear TSI instrumentals if they exist.

Go check the download section.:butt:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Buick Makane gets very little respect. I don't know why. Sure, that Big Dumb Sex outro sucks big time, but the rest of the track is great.

Yeah its an awesome track!! At least 3/4 of the whole album is fantastic to me. I really can't understand why  most people don't dig it. Plus it sounds soooo good production wise!!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer