You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Michael Jackson's This Is It Discussion

faldor wrote:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9298

Madonna and Janet Jackson Working On Michael Tribute Song
by Music-News.com - September 18 2009

Madonna will be teaming up to record with Janet Jackson.

The two singers are working on a tribute to Janet's late brother Michael Jackson after bonding over dinner after Sunday's (13.09.09) MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs), which saw the 'Together Again' star perform 'Scream', a track originally recorded with her sibling, and Madonna make a tearful speech about her regret at "abandoning" the pop icon before his death.

A source said: "It was a meeting of two great musical minds. Madonna was so impressed with Janet's tribute to Michael that they started talking about how great it would be to honour him by doing something together.

"With that one performance Janet proved she's back on top of her game. And who better to join forces with than Madonna?

"There was definitely something very interesting being planned between them."

Speaking at the awards ceremony, which was held in New York, Madonna admitted she was only attending the bash to pay her respects to Michael.

She told Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper: "Now I've finally had chance to say farewell to my dear friend. I can now say I have paid my respects to Michael. That's why I'm here. To say goodbye.

"And Janet's performance was amazing - just the perfect tribute to her brother."

Madonna's manager Guy Oseary recently revealed that the '4 Minutes' singer had hoped to join Michael on stage during his 'This Is It' London residency.

He wrote on Twitter: "A month ago, Madonna told me she wanted to do a surprise performance at one of Michael Jackson's UK shows."

Meanwhile, Madonna is already planning a stint in the spotlight for adopted daughter Mercy, four.

She said: "I adore Mercy, she's such a sweet child. She's doing so well. Hopefully when she's older she can be in my videos like the others. She could have some moves. Who knows?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I liked the idea until I heard 'Madonna'.

I'd be more interested if it was Janet & Chris Tucker, than fuckin' Madonna.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

GD... how many MJ 'hits' collections do we need? HIStory, Essential, Number Ones, This Is It... fuck.

How about we open up that vault that's rumored to have in upwards of 300 unreleased songs?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

How about we open up that vault that's rumored to have in upwards of 300 unreleased songs?

That will be our yearly Christmas present from next year till 2024.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Theres a new clip available of him rehearsing Human Nature. It looks awesome.

Just watched that on youtube.  He still sounded good to me.  Damn shame.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That will be our yearly Christmas present from next year till 2024.

I wish Axl's vault was the same.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

'Michael Jackson Tapes' details star's obsessions
By: Victor Epstein / AP

capt.8587bc3df05b442e9a1445855279448d.michael_jackson_tapes_tn101.jpg?x=309&y=345&q=85&sig=y6itqJ2MaHR9ejHOP2uePg--

ENGLEWOOD, N.J. – Pop superstar Michael Jackson feared the ravages of old age, sought the company of sycophants and appeared to be abusing prescription drugs and cosmetic surgery nearly a decade before his death, according to a new book by a former adviser.

"The Michael Jackson Tapes" breaks little in the way of new ground but the book by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, based on 30 hours of taped interviews, provides firsthand detail about the performer's excesses and obsessions.

"I don't want to be seen now," Jackson confessed. "Because I am like a lizard. It is horrible."

Jackson died June 25 at age 50. His death is being treated as a homicide.

The self-described "King of Pop" seemed to sense during the interviews in 2000 and 2001 that his life was winding down.

"I would like some way to disappear where people don't see me anymore at some point," Jackson said. "I don't want to grow old. I never want to look in the mirror and see that."

"He lost the will to live," Boteach said Friday on NBC's "Today" show. "I think he was just going through the motions of life toward the end."

Boteach is an orthodox Jewish rabbi who has written self-help books with names like "Kosher Sex" and "Shalom in the Home." He was introduced to Jackson in 1999 through Uri Geller, a British entertainer, and acted as his confidant for many years. At times, the transcribed tapes sound like counseling sessions.

Boteach said he and Jackson recorded the tapes with the idea of giving the public a more accurate image of the reclusive entertainer. Boteach said he soured on the book — originally slated for release in 2003 — after Jackson failed to adhere to the recovery programs they had worked out for his public image and private self. Those improvements included waking up at a decent hour and not being alone with children other than Jackson's own three kids.

The friendship ended with Jackson's second arrest on charges of sexually abusing a child. Boteach said he resurrected the project after Jackson died because attitudes toward him had softened.

In conversations, Jackson is quick to see himself as a victim and quick to criticize relatives — especially his father, who, Jackson said, beat him with an electric cord.

"He was rough," Jackson says of his father. "The way he would beat you hard, you know, was hard."

Ken Sunshine, a spokesman for the Jackson family, said Friday: "We will not dignify this with a comment."

The book makes it clear Jackson was interested in women sexually but very shy. He tells Boteach he had never asked a woman out on a date, although he acknowledged having sexually charged phone conversations with Madonna.

In recounting one conversation, he said: "Madonna laid down the law to me before we went out," saying, "'I am not going to Disneyland, okay? That's out.'"

Jackson said Madonna was jealous of him because his female fans screamed and swooned while her male fans were less demonstrative. He recalled her crying in admiration at one of his concerts.

When contacted Friday, Madonna's spokeswoman, Liz Rosenberg, said, "Madonna has very fond feelings for Michael Jackson, and I don't think anything in the book is going to change that."

___

Associated Press Television Writer Frazier Moore in New York contributed to this report

------

I watched the Dateline segment on this, and they went into much more detail... boy MJ ripped Madonna an asshole. He didn't seem to like her at all.

Kind of ironic, she's running around getting attention for herself after his death, and he didn't care for her, but to ask Madonna, they were the greatest of friends.

The Rabbi did seem to try and defend Michael's opinions changing with Madonna becoming a mother... problem is... Madonna was already a mother when the interview was conducted. Unless MJ was just speaking of his experience with Madonna during that time, I dunno.

There was defintely tension there, and he felt Madonna was jealous of him, and simply wanted to be around him to get attention for herself.

MJ referred to a flat out argument they got into where Madonna started ordering him what he would do. She was NOT going to Disneyland (one of his favorite places). And on one occasion she told him they were going to go clubbing, then go to a strip club, that's that. MJ refused to do either. He didn't like clubbing, and felt the strip club was inappropriate.

He also said Madonna's S&M magazines made him uncomfortable.

Keep in mind... this is a man, who used to sleep with children and carry on conversations with mannequins.

Board footer