You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Michael Jackson's This Is It Discussion

BLS-Pride wrote:

We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hill home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Jackson had 13 number one hits during his solo career.

Story developing...

tmz.com

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

wtf.....wow

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Nah not yet:
---------------------------------

Michael Jackson Rushed to Los Angeles Hospital for Cardiac Arrest
Thursday , June 25, 2009
DEVELOPING:

Michael Jackson has been rushed to a Los Angeles hospital, police confirmed to FOX News Thursday.

The legendary singer, 50, reportedly went into cardiac arrest and had to receive CPR in the ambulance, according to a report from TMZ.

Joe Jackson, his father, told multiple news sources that his son is not doing well.

According to a report in the Los Angeles Times, paramedics responded to a 911 call at around 12:26 p.m. PDT. He was reportedly not breathing at the time of their arrival.

A rep for Jackson was unavailable for comment.

This is a developing story. Please click refresh for updates.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529103,00.html

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

I dunno... its on drudge now, maybe it is true.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

My local news just confirmed he indeed died.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

This is an awful story, as he was pretty young.  This is the third one this week--assuming tmz story is true.  I enjoyed a bunch of his 80s stuff.

RIP

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I liked ole MJ

Tommie

Tommie wrote:

I think its safe to say its official, this is on the front page of the NY Times:

----------------

Reports: Michael Jackson Is Dead
By The New York Times

This post is written by Brooks Barnes in Los Angeles and Ben Sisario and Brian Stelter in New York.

More Reports | 6:29 p.m. “A lot will be said about Michael Jackson as we learn more about this story,” Brian Williams said on the “NBC Nightly News.”

“He was incredibly talented, a child star who was an adult with deep troubles and physical and mental health issues.”

The reports of Mr. Jackson’s death ricocheted around the world with remarkable speed. The news led Friday morning newscasts in Japan.

CBS and ABC are also reporting the news, standing on their own reporting now.

L.A. Times Reports Jackson Is Dead | 6:24 p.m. The newspaper cited “city and law enforcement sources.” The networks and CNN are also broadcasting the news, citing the Times story.

Reports: Jackson in a Coma | 6:15 p.m. Several news organizations including the Los Angeles Times reported that Mr. Jackson “is in a coma.” The newspaper attributed the news to one law enforcement source. CNN is also citing “multiple sources” as saying that Mr. Jackson is in a coma.

Update | 6:11 p.m. LOS ANGELES – An unconscious Michael Jackson was rushed to UCLA Medical Center on Thursday afternoon by paramedics who performed C.P.R., according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.

Early reports indicated cardiac arrest, but a hospital spokeswoman was not immediately available for comment. Mr. Jackson, 50, has been renting a mansion in the Bel Air neighborhood, a short distance from the hospital, and rehearsing for a series of 50 sold-out shows in London.

Joe Jackson told to E! News, an entertainment Web site and cable channel, that the singer’s family was scrambling to determine his condition. “I am in Las Vegas, but yes, people in Los Angeles called me and are with Michael and tell me he was taken to the hospital,” Mr. Jackson told E! News. “His mother is on her way to the hospital now to check in on him.”

Mr. Jackson is scheduled to perform in a series concerts in at the O2 arena London, beginning next month and continuing into 2010. The shows have been widely seen in the music industry as an important potential comeback for him, with the potential to earn him up to $50 million, according to some reports. But there has also been worry and speculation that Mr. Jackson, who is 50, was not physically ready for such an arduous run of concerts, and Mr. Jackson’s postponement of the first of those shows from July 8 to July 12 fueled new rounds of gossip about his health.

A member of the pop group the Jackson 5 as a child, Mr. Jackson was a pint-size musical dynamo. He spent years in talent shows and performing in seedy Midwestern clubs under the aegis of Joe Jackson, his dictatorial and ambitious father. Joe Jackson and Berry Gordy, the founder of Motown Records, were the singer’s twin mentors during the early career.

Mr. Jackson eventually broke with his father and the Jackson 5, a move toward creative and financial independence marked by his collaborations with Quincy Jones on a trio of albums. The most memorable of those is 1982’s “Thriller,” which eventually racked up sales of 51 million copies globally, according to the Guinness World Records, making it the best-selling album in history.

A spokesman for the Los Angeles Fire Department told CNN said rescuers were called to Mr. Jackson’s home at 12:21 p.m. Pacific. “When paramedics went on the scene, they treated the patient, then they immediately transported the patient to UCLA,” the spokesman told CNN. Mr. Jackson’s home is located only a few minutes from the hospital center.

Cable news channels almost immediately started showing paparazzi shots from TMZ, X17Online.com and Hollywood.TV of Mr. Jackson’s entourage arriving at the hospital. By mid-afternoon, television news helicopters were hovering above the medical center.

Entertainment news Web sites including EOnline.com and PerezHilton.com appeared to be loading more slowly than usual, or not loading at all, an indication of the intense interest in Mr. Jackson’s hospitalization.

More to come …

* Copyright 2009 The New York Times Company
    * Privacy Policy
    * NYTimes.com 620 Eighth Avenue New York, NY 10018

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

R.I.P. Michael

they say they go in trios.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

HUGE loss to the music world.  He had a tough life, lots of accusations but in reality I always have believed he was just "off" in his thinking.  He never had the chance to grow mentally mature and it cost him his career.

Sad week, three American icons gone.  Ed, Farrah and Michael...
R.I.P.

Board footer