You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Is GNR/Motley possible? (No info, I'm just dreaming)

Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

But why do people think DJ is long gone? There isn't anything to suggest it to me.

Exactly. This has got to be the most boring AND factless rumor the GN'R fanbase has ever seen. When I want stupid rumors with not facts to back them up I expect then GNR fanbase to excel themselves... anyone remember "the collective" 16

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

boring and factless yes but why bother caring. they announced they had dj aboard to a ship that never leaves the dock. still think it's a bit weird. hi i'm dj ashba and i play for gn'r. well i don't actually get to play but..........

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

that you don't think DJ will be in the band? I don't think there's anything to suggest he's gone is there?

There's nothing to suggest he is there either.

We got a minor blurb on the official site announcing him as a member and supposedly a tour.

We know how that worked out.

I don't give a shit if he's there or not. Its totally irrelevant to the current situation. Jim Nabors and Mr. T could join today as backing vocalists and it has the same effect as the Ashba signing.......nothing.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Rad...Nabors would be like the secret weapon.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

a tour was never promised and axl seemed more confident in a second album then a tour when he graced us on the boards

dj is still in the band
hence the disappearing act

gnr already toured cd and y would they do it again, considering the way things have gone down?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
war wrote:

a tour was never promised

No one said it was. This whole "you were never promised anything" garbage is old. Really old. GNR is about as active as Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and The Big Bopper, and have been for years. No one ever expected anything, so I never understood this "nobody owes you, not one goddamn thing" tripe that gets spewed from the swingers when nothing happens.

Its like some built in defense mechanism.

axl seemed more confident in a second album

Yeah, "don't know, don't care" is just drowning in confidence.....

But don't forget:

Nobody owes you.......not one goddamn thing.

It wasn't a lie, promise, or guarantee.

I'm at the point in my fandom where I can simply laugh at this shit and see it for the farce that its always been. Axl wanna flood the market with 3 releases? Go right ahead. Wanna make a mockery of the band, tarnish the name, not release anything and do nothing? Go right ahead.

In 2009, the communities only exist because the members enjoy the communities they are a member of. It has almost nothing to do with the band itself, and in reality has been this way for years.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

that you don't think DJ will be in the band? I don't think there's anything to suggest he's gone is there?

There's nothing to suggest he is there either.

But there is.

1. He was announced publicly as in the band only recently.
2. He's still mentioned on the official site.
3. He still mentions GNR on his own official site.
4. Bumblefoot has refered to rehersing with him in very recent interviews.

Now I don't say these things are proof positvie of his presence, but in the absence of anything suggesting he is gone, why not take them on face value.

There is ZERO evidence to suggest otherwise, the only thing i've even seen used to speculate that he could be gone is the lack of a tour yet and the silence from the band. Delays and Silence? Not new in GNR. Why would this one be connected to DJ when the last 200 arn't? It just doesn't make any sence...so I don't understand why anyone thinks it's the case.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Why are people saying DJ is gone?

1. Wishful thinking.

2. Anger at Axl Rose for continually fucking up over and over and over again.
3. Recent comments by Mick Wall and Sorelle Saidman suggesting DJ is gone.
4. Mob mentality.
5. Repeat.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

People say he's gone?

Kids say the darndest things....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

Recent comments by Mick Wall and Sorelle Saidman suggesting DJ is gone.

Really? I didn't know that.

If that's the case then I retract my ranting that there is nothing suggesting he is gone. Not that i'm saying he is or isn't gone, but my issue was that people were saying he was gone just because its a silent period and that made no sence. At least if some source is suggesting it thats some kind of basis!

Board footer