You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Is GNR/Motley possible? (No info, I'm just dreaming)

DCK wrote:

Recent comments by Mick Wall and Sorelle Saidman suggesting DJ is gone.

Post 'em so we can see.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

a tour was never promised

No one said it was. This whole "you were never promised anything" garbage is old. Really old. GNR is about as active as Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and The Big Bopper, and have been for years. No one ever expected anything, so I never understood this "nobody owes you, not one goddamn thing" tripe that gets spewed from the swingers when nothing happens.

Its like some built in defense mechanism.

axl seemed more confident in a second album

Yeah, "don't know, don't care" is just drowning in confidence.....

But don't forget:

Nobody owes you.......not one goddamn thing.

It wasn't a lie, promise, or guarantee.

I'm at the point in my fandom where I can simply laugh at this shit and see it for the farce that its always been. Axl wanna flood the market with 3 releases? Go right ahead. Wanna make a mockery of the band, tarnish the name, not release anything and do nothing? Go right ahead.

In 2009, the communities only exist because the members enjoy the communities they are a member of. It has almost nothing to do with the band itself, and in reality has been this way for years.

Pretty much how I feel on all accounts. Axl's gonna do stuff his way, and he's gotta live his life the way he sees fit, just like myself.

I don't really concern myself with any of it anymore. I've got the albums, and i've got bootleg concerts to keep me happy as a Guns fan.

But the reality of the situation is this band, this 'new era' concept is as dead as Velvet Revolver. The biggest stickler is the fact... it wasn't ever really born at the same time. And no, the reunion ain't coming soon either, so don't think i'm on that.

I love the phrase 'self defense mechanism'. That's a PERFECT description of the swingers. I can't believe, after all the bullshit, that the Axlite still exists. I thought those fuckers would be extinct by now.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Very well put forward indeed.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Ive never really had an interest as such, in this band.  Sure I like some of the music but there isnt really any interest to be held when after a decade all you have to show for it is a few gigs and 1 album....its not really a band as such, its more like a project, and the interest in other bands I have isnt the same as this one, its more like mild curiosity now.
Ive never jumped on the "Guns N Roses" bandwagon and never agreed with this being called such, and have always thought of this as the Axl Rose Solo Experience (ARSE).  But I like some of the cd, and still curious as to what comes next, but I wont lose any sleep over it anymore.  Maybe in the beginning when it all started kicking off with the leaks I had more enthusiasm and hope but Axl killed it quick.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I love the phrase 'self defense mechanism'. That's a PERFECT description of the swingers. I can't believe, after all the bullshit, that the Axlite still exists. I thought those fuckers would be extinct by now.

I was thinking on this last night. It's a very wierd situation.

Like on some levels Axl appears to be doing his own thing and not care what people think. Like he says he doesn't work for us, ignores the worldwide pressure for a reunion and so forth. The silence when people are screaming for details. As is his right to do or whatever - but sometimes he doesn't seem to give a fuck about the rest of the world.

However at the same time he sometimes appears to care very deeply about what everyone thinks. He sometimes sounds genuinely offended or distressed by things he's read about the band, sometimes in large scale stuff like in the media, but also sometimes from more insignificant sources, like these boards.
And I don't really have a direct source for this, but the impression i've got from reading all the shit thats out there over the years, is that many people seem to imply that being positive around Axl is vastly important, and that negativity from fans or hangers on has been known to cause delays.

Now if that is the case I don't mean to be judgmental about it, it is what it is, and we each are who we are, and god knows Axl has a truck load of talent to back him up.

But I think a lot of the rest of the stuff that goes on is people trying to keep Axl happy and a lot of the rubbish one reads seems connected to that.

It's polarised the fan base and both sides are now full of shit.

Like Axl dislikes the old band now, so fans start bashing the old band to get closer to him. And those people will tell you Slash can't play guitar. What bullshit. But at the same time, some old fans will tell you that anything the new band or it's members do is bullshit. And that's also crap.

Or for example at HTGTH there's a thread about should the band do  a tour or another album now. A lot of people said another album, and I can see that on some level pressure for another album is kinda unreasonable. Like if Axl finds it this hard to get out an album; he said it was a struggle and we saw it took him years, and it's been out less than a year and we already want another. Not really the most reasonable thing.

So seeing that that is unfair...dudes like Jarmo go on the defence. But then they start taking it to far. Like in that thread Jarmo basicly calls out metallica fans and says that they are happy when Metallica take an yearly "escape from the studio" tour and that it's the same thing if GNR tour now. But he phrases it in a way that sounds like people are being demanding of GNR and expect less from Metallica.

He forgets to metion that Metallica have released many albums since 1995 and GNR has done 1. So it's hardly the same situation. But the annoying thing is he's probably right about a tour being the next reasonable step, but he ruins it by trying to claim GNR and metallica are in the same situation.

I wish more people would see the middle ground rather than taking extreme views on either side.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The problem with that, is Axl is just like Michael Jackson in the fact, he has alot, not all, but ALOT of 'fanatical' fans. And those fans are... well... let's just say the buses don't run out where they live.

Axl creates the entire problem. Most people see, "Slash is a cancer, and is better removed" or the "we should've gotten rid of him after Lies" or whatever ridiculous thing he said. Well most react as "shut the fuck up, get outta here".

But to the Fuhrer, it's just more ammo. The man can do no wrong, and never will. And that's when it slips into madness...

For some people, W. Axl Rose is a religion.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U guys need to have some faith.

Better" video will come out and GNR will absolutely do a Summer tour.......

And u call yourselves fans tongue

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The re-release is when it'll really take off. tongue

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

a tour was never promised

No one said it was. This whole "you were never promised anything" garbage is old. Really old. GNR is about as active as Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and The Big Bopper, and have been for years. No one ever expected anything, so I never understood this "nobody owes you, not one goddamn thing" tripe that gets spewed from the swingers when nothing happens.

Its like some built in defense mechanism.

axl seemed more confident in a second album

Yeah, "don't know, don't care" is just drowning in confidence.....

But don't forget:

Nobody owes you.......not one goddamn thing.

It wasn't a lie, promise, or guarantee.

I'm at the point in my fandom where I can simply laugh at this shit and see it for the farce that its always been. Axl wanna flood the market with 3 releases? Go right ahead. Wanna make a mockery of the band, tarnish the name, not release anything and do nothing? Go right ahead.

In 2009, the communities only exist because the members enjoy the communities they are a member of. It has almost nothing to do with the band itself, and in reality has been this way for years.

completely went off while missing my point and you copied that part of my post, recreating it in a different context

i agree with everything you said

what i'm saying is the fact he hired dj doesn't mean a tour is coming nor does it mean he is out of the band since a summer tour didn't happen and things are quiet

nowhere did i say or promote the "you were never promised anything"  bullshit

and i'm not a swinger, james

if dj got out already, he did something bucket and all the others wish they could have, assuming it's the "same old" again.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It was mainly a general statement about the issue and not really directed at you. That whole "you were never promised" tripe and other assorted Axl quotes that nutswingers keep next to their bed like a Bible really rile my feathers.

Board footer