You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: i'm back

gavgnr wrote:

I'm hopeful for more music, but can we really wait months, as hinted by MSL?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's definitely a part 2 -- CD's second half, which was supposed to be a double album. And we all know Axl's logic about "saving" great songs for future albums, like they did with some songs that didn't make AFD. There's no doubt in my mind that he wasn't going to blow his load on the first album when he had others planned for the future.

The leaks blew me away. The album grew on me. I can only speak for myself when I say: I'm fucking stoked about hearing other recordings with that 2002 line up.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I get the feeling we're not gonna hear from MSL for a while and then suddenly BAM! New songs.

Axl shouldn't bother to release anymore albums if he's not gonna promote them,maybe Chinese Democracy will be re-released and then he will promote it,but that probably won't happen either.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:

Axl shouldn't bother to release anymore albums if he's not gonna promote them

I don't see it that way. I would love a massive promo blitz just as much as the next person, mainly just to see him interact with fans on a large scale and to see him willing to stand behind his material and to promote the "new" era of GNR, but low key, under the radar releases are definitely viable, and can actually cause him to approach any new material differently. Obviously, following through with action is a requirement though.

For example, lets say the core 2001 unit wrote an album along the lines of an early Slayer record. That would be unconventional to say the least and go against the grain of GNR. An album in that vein would probably go over better flying in under the radar than Axl pulling a Bono and hitting the world over the head with it.

Sky Dog wrote:

music is music....I don't need sales and don't need "promotion". As a fan, I need new music...good, bad, or indifferent. It's art. He should do what he feels. That being said, as an artist, he needs to drop the Gnr anchor and do his own thing. He has the money and enough connections to get records released. I wish he would realize that because he doesn't....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree. Axl doesn't care about promo, and we know that now. The slate is clean. There is no future album to bag on him with.

As far as i'm concerned, I just want to hear this wealth of material, more than anything, more than live shows, more than a reunion. I want to hear the fuckin' vault baby, because I loved CD.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

i think he should release the fucking shit himself ala NIN and radiohead...
the best buy deal basically paid for the recording sessions.. i'm sure he owns the shit now... do it up trent reznor style and sneak out the rest of the shit on, like... 2 records available as a DL or have special collector shit at different price levels....

just BAM.. "surpriiiiiiize"

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I agree. Axl doesn't care about promo, and we know that now. The slate is clean. There is no future album to bag on him with.

As far as i'm concerned, I just want to hear this wealth of material, more than anything, more than live shows, more than a reunion. I want to hear the fuckin' vault baby, because I loved CD.

that's all i care about.. the vault. fuck the reunion...some washed up nostalgia act bullshit... i wanna remember that band at it's peak... not a bunch of 40 or 50 somethings playing the hits.. leave that to the eagles, the police and van halen.....   some washed up cash in... fuck that... i want new fucking music.. as much of it as possible...right now...
CD had severe production issues.. but it doesn't change the fact that the material was pretty goddamn good... i want MORE 9

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Even the 2001-2002 line-up became a nostalgia act (for some). That band does not exist for years. A reunion with Slash was more actual in 2001 than the recordings of the BH/Finck/Tobias line-up today.

Board footer