You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: i'm back

RussTCB wrote:

removed

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

hey, these recordings or whatnot that are floating around, why do the guitar only tracks have that annoying drum pitch in them??  is that from the game??

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

im no hoarder, msl is. im calling him out on his BS :B

maybe he will post them if he has a new shit song of his to promote, lulz.

MSL has produced results for the GNR community before, trying to call him BS after all this is is stupid. If you think you have something he doesn't (even though you don't) contact him and maybe you can be useful.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Yeah MSL is a cool cat, I enjoyed his past yarns and he is the guy who wangled the old demos for gnr hardcore fans, when noone else had even came close, at a time when there was apparantly absolutely nothing on the horizon.
I think these days are different though, when those first MSL leaks happened it seemed harmless, but in hindsight I reckon they hurt the album for GN'R. While I loved the demos at that time, it really happened at a time when things seemed hopeless. The new album was just released last year and there is supposed to be a follow up, I'd really hate for the new batch of songs to be floating around on youtube for any period of time before the album is officially released.
I will be avoiding like the plague any new leaks other than alternate versions of Chinese Democracy songs, I view anything like those as merely scrapped versions of the final CD songs and they wont do any harm to the band, or my own experience of the new album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Chicken_Dinner should be banned, if that is a make up just to bait MSL.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
russtcb wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

hey, these recordings or whatnot that are floating around, why do the guitar only tracks have that annoying drum pitch in them??  is that from the game??

So you have the 3 songs?

He only has the recorded ones. He doesn't have the moggs.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I am all for leaks etc

I am against using said leaks to try and get personal gain.

If u want to leak stuff cause u are a fan and want to do fans a favor that is great

if u do it to try and get infamous or are using it for personal gain, I am 100 percent against it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

im no hoarder, msl is. im calling him out on his BS :B

maybe he will post them if he has a new shit song of his to promote, lulz.

I'm flushing you down Evo's toilet. One minute you're not a hoarder, the next minute you are, now you're not a hoarder again.

*for the record, I know you're not a hoarder, and you NEVER were*

First you would antagonize imsorry for his contributions to cleaning up various crappy quality boots, and now you're antagonizing MSL for no reason at all except to bring attention to yourself.

You're obsessed with media whoring when you don't even understand the basic concept of it(its called promotion by the way), and your claims of this site being run by a Slashbot is just stupidity at its finest(or would that be at its worst?)

You deserve props for attempting to clean up those initial CD limewire and AIM leaks last year, but that doesn't override your complete lack of common sense and your insatiable desire to lie and troll.

To pull a quote out of Lucy's hat.....

Bon Voyage Charlie Brown, and don't come back again.

If you do, you need to be reminded our toilet is never out of order and will just keep flushing you to until you find a home at one of the various troll factories that would indeed welcome you with open arms.

I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors there.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

James Lofton wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:

Axl shouldn't bother to release anymore albums if he's not gonna promote them

I don't see it that way. I would love a massive promo blitz just as much as the next person, mainly just to see him interact with fans on a large scale and to see him willing to stand behind his material and to promote the "new" era of GNR, but low key, under the radar releases are definitely viable, and can actually cause him to approach any new material differently. Obviously, following through with action is a requirement though.

For example, lets say the core 2001 unit wrote an album along the lines of an early Slayer record. That would be unconventional to say the least and go against the grain of GNR. An album in that vein would probably go over better flying in under the radar than Axl pulling a Bono and hitting the world over the head with it.

I would like to at least have the man stand behind the music. Where has the man been? He has come out of hiding several times to complain about how the release did not go as expected, hinted at a better effort, then disappeared again.

He could at least go on a small club tour to promote this album, talk to a few reliable rock journalists, opt out of Universal, and create a better fan to fan interface.

He may not care about the business side of things, but he also doesn't care about the fan-artist side either. It is bitterly apparent that he paid off his debt and now his career is in a bit of stasis; past success has certainly faded and a new career as a middle of the road former icon awaits. How does he react? If he is smart, he slims the process down, becomes tech savvy (a la Trent), and brings music to the fans directly.

Board footer