You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: i'm back

Axlin16 wrote:

Could mean alot of things. I'm guessing that MSL ran into alot of bullshitters? Or, is GN'R a dead end?

The mystery continues.

As for my comment earlier, Flash Flood pretty much summed it up. My comment was referencing the fact that Axl has released so little material on an ungodly slow time table, not to mention the fact we have CD is because leakers forced his hand (I truely believe we would NOT have the album today if it weren't for leakers), that Axl has in fact forced the fan base's hand. You can't record for years and years at 14 different studios, not to mention countless house parties and MP3 players with the music, before shit leaks. Just happens.

Axl's lack of communication with the fans, created an even higher demand, yet a demand with lack of regard for Axl's business. Axl's lack of respect for his fanbase, created that discontent.

The trick for Axl now, is to BEAT leakers to the punch. Release material, convince them to be on your side, MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATION. Instead, he keeps his mouth shut. And that's fine, that's cool.

But don't call me a bad guy, when I download, or MSL searches, or whoever on their own accord to get around your road block.

Lisa Reed said once, that she didn't understand people that download leaks, because you're spoiling the Christmas present.

What if you had to look at a present sitting under a tree for over a decade, and were promised virtually every year, "this was the year" you'd be able to open it, only to be told on Christmas day, that no, you can't. Eventually, you'd sneak around, and cut it open carefully to play with it, put it back in the box, and act exactly like we didn't play with it. That's all that's happening here.

Axl knows, and all of us know, his only fans left, that ANYTHING he releases, we'll all be getting it, even if we already have it in leak-form.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

You could argue that the leaks delayed the release of the album, and it was the new management that got the deal done with Best Buy.  Leaks or not, I don't think they were gonna pass up Best Buy offering them all that money.  But it's possible when the leaks came out, it could've been a "back to the drawing board" moment.  At least in 2006.  The anti-quiet leaks were probably the nail in the coffin for what songs went on the album.  But I don't know if you can say for sure that the leaks forced this album out.  I'd give Irving/Gould some of the credit.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

if someone can help me plz IM me on AOL

songsbymister

I'd help but I'm at home on my dial up connection. I'm of no use. I remember when the skwerl leak happened I had to rush to my girlfriend's house just to download it.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

The MIA analogy is horrible. MIA and her management are shrewd, efficient, and professional. Axl...is not these things.

James

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

You could argue that the leaks delayed the release of the album, and it was the new management that got the deal done with Best Buy.  Leaks or not, I don't think they were gonna pass up Best Buy offering them all that money.  But it's possible when the leaks came out, it could've been a "back to the drawing board" moment.  At least in 2006.  The anti-quiet leaks were probably the nail in the coffin for what songs went on the album.  But I don't know if you can say for sure that the leaks forced this album out.  I'd give Irving/Gould some of the credit.

Leaks don't delay things. They speed things up.

faldor

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

Leaks don't delay things. They speed things up.

In a normal world maybe, but not necessarily in the world of Axl Rose.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Dude, the leaks SPED UP THE ALBUM. Period.

We would not have the album today if it weren't for leaks. Thus the rush job, with no promo. Axl looked at it as get it out there and make some money, because most have already downloaded the full album for free.

If Axl were to have waited for 5 years after the leaks, CD would've done Angel Down numbers.

James

James wrote:

Amanda Blank's album had an August 17th release date. It originally had an early July date, but the label delayed it. A week ago, some users of the website last fm were showing up as listening to it. The album was fast tracked for an August 4th release earlier this week.

It sped things up when the label initially wanted it delayed. Many other examples, but that one is hot off the presses.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Dude, the leaks SPED UP THE ALBUM. Period.

We would not have the album today if it weren't for leaks. Thus the rush job, with no promo. Axl looked at it as get it out there and make some money, because most have already downloaded the full album for free.

If Axl were to have waited for 5 years after the leaks, CD would've done Angel Down numbers.

So it takes 9 leaks to rush the album out?  The 6 from 2006 weren't enough?  Or maybe it's because they didn't have the Best Buy deal at that time, is that possible?

faldor

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Amanda Blank's album had an August 17th release date. It originally had an early July date, but the label delayed it. A week ago, some users of the website last fm were showing up as listening to it. The album was fast tracked for an August 4th release earlier this week.

It sped things up when the label initially wanted it delayed. Many other examples, but that one is hot off the presses.

Oh I'm not denying that leaks can speed up the process, I'm just not fully convinced that's what happened here.  We know all too well that GNR doesn't follow the normal course of business.

Board footer