You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Marc Canter Talks on MyGnR

Sky Dog wrote:

a-fucking-men.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

This is now basically a Slash board....

Bullshit, and that is pretty much an insult. The VR section here is deader than Abe Lincoln, and downliner and I have lobbied for its removal since day one. Neemo, couple other staff, and a few old hardcore fans here are the only reason it isn't vaporized. The TWAT section isn't very active either unless Bucket or Izzy release something, and this site has more hardcore Bucket fans than it does Slash fans. Just because people don't drink every dose of kool aid placed in their face doesn't make it a Slash board.

This site is actually closer to thenewguns than it is that Slash board or VR board.

Sky Dog wrote:

don't agree and it has NOTHING to do with kool aid (a tired term).....

James

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

don't agree and it has NOTHING to do with kool aid (a tired term).....

Not sure how you reached your assumption when the thread is littered with a pro Axl stance(so far, wait until Buzz chimes in).

My comment is the truth. Name one person in GNR or VR with as much clout, influence,etc. as Slash. He's the only guy in either band that doesn't need VR or GNR to have a mainstream level of success.

How is a fact a biased opinion towards Slash?

Sky Dog wrote:

because success is relative....I think every thing he has done post Gnr sucks. Sorry. You made a knee jerk reaction to a guy who actually knows all the parties involved. Maybe Canter thinks it sucks too. I am just sick of the mindless, knee jerk, Axl bashing that has gone on for the last few months since Axl had his latest "meltdown". Some is warranted but most is uniformed speculative horse shit. It is hard to read after awhile and that is why I have avoided the discussions. Your first comment was made in a defensive manner IMMEDIATELY protecting and defending Slash. I just want a 30 page thread about how Slash is a pussy who gets run over by his wife and that Slash, in the end, would DIE for a reunion with Axl. Not saying this is true, but hey, we got some guys here that seem to know more than someone like Canter.....we have the "true insiders".

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

There's some interesting stuff in that chat session, aside from the visit to Axl's house.

The second part of his answer to the question is well put.  I agree, regardless of who is right/wrong, it's not healthy to hold such anger and hostility towards people.  I know it's not easy to forgive and forget, but sometimes you just gotta suck it up.

"Years latter Slash said it would be cool to go out and do some shows with the old band but now he has given up on that one. So I don't think he will be going to Axl's house anytime soon. I do hope somehow they and up in the same room together someday if nothing else just to get some shit off their chest. It's not healthy to hold that anger in because while you are holding it in you can't move on with your life because your too busy dealing with the anger. It's like holding a beach ball under water, you can do it but can't do anything else. I say let the ball go and then you can have your arms free. They both have things that need to be said to each other. Even if they never work together again they would still live better knowing they got all that shit off their chest. Maybe someday they will have to pull together for some kind of law suit against the record co. and then they might have to speck to each other?"

James

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

because success is relative....I think every thing he has done post Gnr sucks. Sorry. You made a knee jerk reaction to a guy who actually knows all the parties involved. Maybe Canter thinks it sucks too. I am just sick of the mindless, knee jerk, Axl bashing that has gone on for the last few months since Axl had his latest "meltdown". Some is warranted but most is uniformed speculative horse shit. It is hard to read after awhile and that is why I have avoided the discussions. Your first comment was made in a defensive manner IMMEDIATELY protecting and defending Slash. I just want a 30 page thread about how Slash is a pussy who gets run over by his wife and that Slash, in the end, would DIE for a reunion with Axl. Not saying this is true, but hey, we got some guys here that seem to know more than someone like Canter.....we have the "true insiders".

14 I was not "protecting" Slash. You've known me for years on these boards, and you know damn well that I am not a "Slashite". I wasn't talking about quality when I made that statement. I simply meant from a career standpoint. Canter claims Slash would be nothing without VR. I strongly disagree regardless of how much CB and Libertad sucked. That band is nothing without him, and while I do like CD, GNR sure as shit didn't set the world on fire without him. In other words, he can exist on a high level without either band.

Slash is the only person who could tell Axl Rose and Scott Weiland(and any member of either of those bands) to fuck off and it have no consequence on his career. That is a major amount of clout regardless of which side of the fanboy side of the fence anybody stands on.

Slash is gonna have a top 10 album next year that will likely sell a few million copies. Last thing in the world he needs is Guns N Roses or Velvet Revolver.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

More from the chat, about Slash/Steven/Axl.

"I didn't say Axl is never wrong. I said Axl was a master mind when it came down to working with the songs that the band was working on. Also I love Steven but if he ever wasnt's to work with Axl again it would be wise for him to stop calling Axl names and saying he is selfish. As you already know the reason Axl and Slash don't talk is because of all the dumb shit Slash has said about Axl over the past 14 years. Sticks and stones won't hurt Axl but names and things that Axl believes not to be true don't go over well with him. Axl was nice to Steven in 2006 when they were in Vegas I was there and watch them talk for hours. If Steven would keep his thoughts about Axl to him self,you never know maybe some day Axl will speck to him again. If you know what makes Axl mad, and keep doing it then don't think Axl's going to want to deal with you."

Sky Dog wrote:

Canter goes in to more detail at Mygnr and AGAIN, Slash can have a POP career all he wants. Cool. For the most part, I think it sucks. Slash was a session musician and the leader of a shitty band called Snakepit (can the cheese be thicker?) before he hooked up with Weiland. VR actually rejuvenated his career....of course, that plus mass marketing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Slash has a comfortable career outside of VR and GNR, but not as the huge rockstar. He didn't have a huge career after GNR or before VR. The general public isn't buying anything just because Slash's name is on it. VR made him relevant to the masses again.

Unless Slash has a huge hit with Fergie I don't see his solo album being that big of a hit.

Board footer