You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: ok i take it this is official confirmation dj ashba hasnt left gnr...

RussTCB wrote:

removed

TOTAL LOSS
 Rep: 5 

TOTAL LOSS wrote:

I'll try to give him a chance despite how thoroughly cheesy he looks.

But, he's really cheesy looking. Way cheesy.

Too much cheese.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I actually thought it was kinda of cool - sort of a nod to the classic slash in gnr look...but with his own la frankenstein kind of  style...like the goth guitars and stuff he uses.

I'm glad he's still in the band anyway, he's a killer player, and I think just what this band needs to push things that bit further along.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I hate this guy already.

He hasn't done a single thing with them, and he splashes their name all over everything.

Zakk Wylde is more a member of GN'R than DJ Ashba.

Just 'cause it says "from GN'R" doesn't mean anything. Technically Tracii Guns could say "from GN'R". Doesn't mean he's an active/current member.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I mean like...to me it's kinda funny - like a vague nod to the past - but also so his own style - and lets face it DJ is sort of like the frankenstein-slash in this frankenstein-GNR that axl's constructed.

I don't mean that disrespectfuly - it's just kind of appropriate in a ironic way to me.

edit: Just want to add - I want bumble to do a matching shot in a gothic version of a bucket - maybe some thing from the beach - and i'll be rhe happiest fan ever! 19

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't give a crap about the top hat. Slash doesn't have a copyright on the look, no different than when Matt Sorum was wearing a bandana like Axl, no one said anything.

But the pimping himself out with the GN'R name... lame dude. WAY too soon.

Why don't I start advertising myself as "Jack Steele from Guns N' Roses", simply because I attended one of their shows.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't give a crap about the top hat. Slash doesn't have a copyright on the look, no different than when Matt Sorum was wearing a bandana like Axl, no one said anything.

Why don't I start advertising myself as "Jack Steele from Guns N' Roses", simply because I attended one of their shows.

You are ANGRY tonight.

God forbid the guy tries to promote Guns N' Roses.  Somebody's gotta do it.  And do you think DJ TOLD the magazine what to write?  Do you think DJ told Blabbermouth to promote his chat as "GNR guitarist DJ Ashba"?  How is HE pimping himself out as GNR's lead guitarist again?  I think I missed that part.  Any of your worries, concerns, complaints should be taken up with the media.  Just sayin'.

And I think he looks a lot more like Mick Mars (in his prime) than Slash.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

You are ANGRY tonight.

God forbid the guy tries to promote Guns N' Roses.  Somebody's gotta do it.  And do you think DJ TOLD the magazine what to write?  Do you think DJ told Blabbermouth to promote his chat as "GNR guitarist DJ Ashba"?  How is HE pimping himself out as GNR's lead guitarist again?  I think I missed that part.  Any of your worries, concerns, complaints should be taken up with the media.  Just sayin'.

He does have a point though. Obviously he is in the band and can say he is in the band all he wants, but he's done nothing and I think why hardcores resist people like Ashba(and whoevers next) is because you don't have to "earn your stripes" to be a member of GNR anymore.  You're just announced, twiddle your thumbs, and you're a GNR member.

Less and less people are buying this aspect of the band anymore, which is why his entrance into the band was met with a whimper(not just here, everywhere).

The days of people nutswinging any Tom, Dick, or Harry who contribute little to nothing(hello Fortus) are over.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

You are ANGRY tonight.

Would you mind pointing me where does this advertise GNR please?  Who's DJ Ashba?  And more importantly who will go "Oh DJ!  I gotta see him!  Man this guy will bring GNR to the next plateau"?  And I do agree with Axlin.  I think DJ gave the media what to write.  Dick does it, Franck does it, Ron does it.  Everybody that has joined Axl in the last years except Bucket and maybe Robin does it.  Why?  Cause they can't sell shit just by their name.  So publicity for GNR?  Please.  If this was Vai, Zakk Wylde or any one remotely known I'd agree with you.  In this case it's pimping out.  And News flash DJ.  Pretty soon everybody in the music bizz will have been in GNR so it ain't that special.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'll agree that it's hard to view him as much of a member without him making a single appearance or hearing a single note from him with the band yet.  I just don't see or think that he's taking advantage of the GNR name with anything he has done. 

So you think he called up the magazine and asked if he could be in an ad since he's the newest member of GNR?  That sounds a bit far-fetched to me.

Board footer