You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Whazup
 Rep: 6 

Re: What songs would you like to hear on CD2??

Whazup wrote:

We all know about a lot of songs (Atlas, Checkmate, etc.) that arent on CD.  What songs would you want to hear?

I would want to hear Atlas, Checkmate, General and Silkworms.

and Medicine (if its not just a fake title)

AL!VE
 Rep: -1 

AL!VE wrote:

I would like to hear Zodiac, Ides Of March, Down By The Ocean, Quick Song and Berlin

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

all of them?

Baggio
 Rep: 1 

Baggio wrote:

The General, Ides of March, Atlas and CHECKMATE!! I have never heard Medicine before, where did you hear of this title Whazup??

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

I think Medicine and Detox are made up by trolls. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are, because I only see them brought up ad nausem at MSL's site and chinesedemocracy.com and nowhere else.

but seriously, these threads are suited for chidem and mygnr. Not having heard any of the songs, all we do is speculate on titles we think sound cool. Honestly, which songs would we NOT want to hear?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i agree.

It's hard to say which we'd like to hear without knowing what we're talking about. checkmate/the general/jackie chan sounded like a cool song...lol....all 16 seconds of it I heard hahah!

I'll say that the live version of "silkworms" sounded odd to me, but so did Riad the first time i heard it, and the studio of Riad kicks ass and so I have this strange feeling that a studio silkworms would be really cool. Got to love those angry as fuck lyrics too.

I'd love to hear anything with some more of those killer high pitched Axl screams that blow me away, hopefully some stuff with some amazing guitarwork from the veritable stable of insanely good guitarists GNR has had over the years.

But all that said, I tend to love Axl's melodies and lyrics, and so he could release music in a totally different genre, with no screams and no guitars and I'm pretty sure i'd still be very interested to hear what he's come up with.

It's funny you mention this thread today cos I woke up this morning and started relistening to CD and was rediscovering how much i really like these new songs. All the politics and bullshit aside, I really like the music Axl's put out. A lot.

Baggio
 Rep: 1 

Baggio wrote:

Monkeychow, I am of the same mind as you. No matter what genre of music and songs Axl released, i think i would like it. I actually find something new on CD nearly everyday...a background little riff, bass, backing vocals, some sort of quirky noise. Keeps me wanting more.

I too think a studio version of Silkworms would be sweet, loving the angry as fuck lyrics also!

''Listen motherfuckers to this song that should be heard,
Thrown down in the gutter, it's more than you deserve''.

Fuck yeah!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agree with the others. How do we even know what we're talking about.

Anything that's NOT on CD, i'd like to hear. Hell, i'd even like to hear a more modern, remix of Oh My God if he's willing to unload it on us.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:

all of them?

Haha

I think I'm most interested in hearing Seven, Soul Monster and Atlas.

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:

i hated silkworms the first time i heard it, but now its probably the one i want to hear more than anything else. i would also love to hear the new version of oh my god

Board footer