You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: NEW MEMBERS introduce yourself here

James wrote:

Since I'm waiting on something and I'm on the subject....

The bulge was pure madness. One night some Americans got killed and the SS stole the boots off our dead. For days, any time we caught them, they all had to take their boots and socks off and stand in the snow. Every so often, we'd stab them in the feet. Once they were frozen solid, they'd send them back to have their feet amputated

Guess who stopped stealing boots or clothing off our dead?

After the Malmedy massacre, Patton gave orders to shoot all SS, including Hitler youth, no questions asked. Take no prisoners. So they did ..even had to kill 13-14 year olds.

No quarter.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

That's fucking amazing and crazy. WWII was the gnarliest time on our planet, perhaps.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That's fucking amazing and crazy. WWII was the gnarliest time on our planet, perhaps.

Vietnam would give it a good run for it's money.

Did any of you see Ken Burns Vietnam?  10 part 1 hour episodes. Really good, starts off essentially post WW2 thru the 50s, then JFK, then 64-65, then the height of it, summer of love, 70, and the end and withdrawl. A few of them tell some really deep stories, murder essentially, but it was them or the other guy. What was impressive was early on, alot of the troops who'd never heard of Vietnam, were in awe over how pretty a country it could be. The green grass & rice fields, always had a bit of a fog over it in the mornings.

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:
James wrote:

He was in th e first wave at Normandy and also the battle of the bulge.

When they got cut off from the supply lines, he was one of the guys who had to go out in the forest at night with it around 30 below zero to hunt deer for food and the SS were out there as well.

That's both amazing and terrifying.  Not only did he see two of the most intense battles in WW2, but having to hunt for food in such harsh weather conditions with the most sadistic group in the German military after him during it too.  Anyone that wants to complain about how their year went may want to read up on what your Grandpa went through in less than four months!

axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

Hello
My name is Travis, I'm 36 years old and have been a fan of GNR since 1997. I was just in high school when I start really getting into them. I'm a huge Axl fan. Hands down I have always sided with him. But let the past be the past and looking forward to hearing some of the magic these guys left on the table 20 some years ago. Hopefully we get to hear what they have in mind.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

shutout52

shutout52 wrote:

Hey, I just signed up. I was a longtime member of HTGTH until I got tired of Kim Jarmo Un's shit and pretty much just abandoned the place after Chinese Democracy got released-- just like every other member of the site. Seems like it's far more relaxed here.

Been getting back into the GNR world again after the recent leaks. I was pretty well out of the loop on minutiae like that for a few years, mostly since I figured it would never see the light of day. So I missed out on The General cellphone leak and Evader reconstruction; I didn't even know it was being used as a concert intro until recently.

Anyways, I'm Drew, was known as Mal Brossard or Duffman23235 over there. I'm 35 and live in DFW. That's all I got for now.

shutout52

shutout52 wrote:
James wrote:

He was in th e first wave at Normandy and also the battle of the bulge.

When they got cut off from the supply lines, he was one of the guys who had to go out in the forest at night with it around 30 below zero to hunt deer for food and the SS were out there as well.

What regiment was he in? My great-uncle was 327th GIR, they were involved at the second day of Normandy (and linked the Utah beach head to the Omaha beach head). He would have been at the Bulge but died before it.

Triple H
 Rep: 2 

Triple H wrote:

I am the game, you don't want to play me. I am control, no way you can change me.
I am heavy debt, no way you can pay me. I am the pain and I know you can't take me.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Triple H wrote:

I am the game, you don't want to play me. I am control, no way you can change me.
I am heavy debt, no way you can pay me. I am the pain and I know you can't take me.

So, are you a U2 fan?

Board footer