You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: The Elvis Presley Thread

Furbush wrote:

[youtube]gZ3MOyCn66w&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
..there is only one king

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I absolutely hated Elvis when I was growing up, as my parents were really big fans, and I had it kinda forced upon me. But over the years I've grown to appreciate his music, and there's no doubt that he was the King of Rock N Roll.

It was a sad day when the world lost him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Elvis was also forced on me growing up... but I always loved him. One of the true great performers, maybe not so much as an artist, but really defined what a rock star was before anyone ever knew. I always was close to that legacy somehow. Grew up listening to my father just bust into singing Elvis classics driving down the road... watched Priscilla on "Dallas" growing up time and again... Lisa Marie ended up marrying my generation's superstar Michael Jackson... my grandparents lived next door to an Elvis nut who dressed her entire house in Elvis memorabilia including his pictures right beside her families', and who used to constantly give me Elvis hats & t-shirts...

I was always close to it somehow.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I also grew up with Elvis. My Mom was/is a huge fan so I grew up hearing Elvis from my earliest memories.

And yes, he is the REAL King.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Elvis just plain was The Man. Anyone who really wants to see what he was capable of, just out the movie "That's The Way It Is"

Damn right! I grew up on "Elvis On Tour". Doesnt get much better. 22

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

I grew up watching my Mom's copy of "Aloha From Hawaii" on beta religiously. But nothing still compares to "Elvis on Tour". I've always loved the version of "Poke Salad Annie" on there. I wore that video tape out at a very young age! 16

I've never understood why "Elvis on Tour" was never released on dvd. Hopefully it will be soon.

"Thats the Way It Is" is cool too. Wasnt that the first of his jump shoot days? He was on fire man.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

Thanks for the info Russ. Heres to MGM and Graceland coming to an agreement soon!

Board footer