You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Elvis Presley Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I have a cousin-in-law (is that even a word?) that is a HUGE Sinatra & Elvis nut.

Everytime he cranks Elvis, he's practically booed 'til he turns the radio off by the 20 something's. They don't even give it a chance, because "it's old". Hell one time I requested a Garth Brooks song at a party, and the guy in all seriousness said "an oldies" to me. Early fucking 90's is oldies.

In case you're wondering GNR's Live and Let Die was also oldies. But for some strange reason, Nirvana's Lithium didn't catch too much hell, when it was just as fuckin' "old".

*end rant*

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Elvis will always be THE definition of cool...

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

^That's kinda funny I was immediately looking at it on wiki after I downloaded it last night.  Finally got a chance do finish it today. 

Just fantastic.  Thanks again Russ

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

With a couple of the arrangements I was thinking it's almost like he could feel punk starting to rise, but wasn't willing to get rid of his "theatrics" (for lack of a better word)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Never knew Eddie Murphy got inspiration from Elvis. I mean, I knew about the James Brown influences, but not E.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I've got that on cd. Love it.

All this Elvis talk got me thinking... I love vinyl, and realized I dont have any Elvis on vinyl. So I went to ebay, and I got "Pure Gold" and "Thats The Way It Is" on vinyl. Cant wait till they get here!

Board footer