You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Fernando's link to leaks? And the craziness that is gnr

Aussie wrote:

Do you understand the difference?

Of course I do. But I don't see how that post isn't legitimate while we're on the subject.

And as I previously said, both Axl and Duff said that it never happened.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

when did they say that CSS? cuz seriously i don't recall reading that in interviews with either guy...i'm prolly wrong it's just i don't remember them ever addressing Scott's claim

Neemo wrote:

when did they say that CSS?

Axl said it during the Eddie Trunk interview back in 2006 and Duff denied it soon after Scott Weiland lashed out after he'd left (or got fired from) Velvet Revolver.

I believe that it was in an interview with Classic Rock magazine.

Eddie Trunk: There were some rumors circulating recently that there was talk that you would do or that there was rumblings about possibly doing shows with the original line up of the band and then... All rumor?

Axl Rose: No, that's all nonsense. That's just people starting stuff for whatever reason.

Duff McKagan: I know he was really paranoid about that and we had to allay his fears at one point, when we were writing for 'Libertad'. He got wind that our manager at that point had been talking to Axl about bringing Axl over to what was our management company back then. And Scott freaked out that we were getting GN'R back together and we weren't going to make the second record. I don't know where it came from. There was no contract on the table or pens ready to sign. Maybe now he's convinced himself that's what happened.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Aussie wrote:

How do you mean?  The attempt by Axl to take the publishing deal off the other guys or the fact that Axl sold his publishing back to Sanctuary a few years ago?

Sorry Aussie wasn't meaning you, just in general i read a lot of posts flipping out about it at the time.

If there's truth that he tried to get the other's rights sneakily, then fair enough that's big news, but i don't think that's confirmed.

But overall i ment the publishing deal in general, it's pretty normal for an artist of GNR's stature to have a publisher that expolits their copyrights for them and gets everyone rich.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
TOTAL LOSS wrote:

i don't know why catcher was added.

They didn't want the track length to be unlucky 13 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
Neemo wrote:

when did they say that CSS?

Axl said it during the Eddie Trunk interview back in 2006 and Duff denied it soon after Scott Weiland lashed out after he'd left (or got fired from) Velvet Revolver.

I believe that it was in an interview with Classic Rock magazine.

Eddie Trunk: There were some rumors circulating recently that there was talk that you would do or that there was rumblings about possibly doing shows with the original line up of the band and then... All rumor?

Axl Rose: No, that's all nonsense. That's just people starting stuff for whatever reason.

Duff McKagan: I know he was really paranoid about that and we had to allay his fears at one point, when we were writing for 'Libertad'. He got wind that our manager at that point had been talking to Axl about bringing Axl over to what was our management company back then. And Scott freaked out that we were getting GN'R back together and we weren't going to make the second record. I don't know where it came from. There was no contract on the table or pens ready to sign. Maybe now he's convinced himself that's what happened.

The conspiracy theorists don't want to believe any of that though.  It's no fun that way.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Anything is possible.  People can believe what they want to believe, and will.  The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.  I don't believe they were ever THAT close to a reunion like Scott was saying.  Then again, it's possible they weren't THAT far off either.

faldor wrote:

It's no fun that way.

Well, maybe not but it's the truth.

Take it or leave it.

And before anyone goes haywire on my ass because of:

Duff wrote:

There was no contract on the table or pens ready to sign.

That's just in reference to what Scott Weiland said...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's why I believe it never happened.

Because Duff said it. Not Axl.

Axl lost credibility with me years ago. If it was by circumstance, i'm damn sorry, but frankly, I don't think he can blame me.

Board footer