You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Fernando's link to leaks? And the craziness that is gnr

Sky Dog wrote:

speaking of the General..:P

"'People will hear music this year,' says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. 'We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,' he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. [...] Among Rose's favorites are 'Better,' 'There Was a Time' and 'The Blues.'" (Rolling Stone, 01/18/06)

13 on the album....all three mentioned on that tracklist....check out that cd back cover...it says copyright 2007. That really could have been a version of Chinese and then in 2008 the leaks came and changed everything...forced ax to release them.
chinesedemocracybackcovye7.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wished it hadn't. That's a FAR better tracklist.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Sorry would be a t e r r i b l e closer for the album.

Also, who knows, the songs we haven't heard could suck!

I agree. That would be brutal. As far as song titles goes yeah this album looks more interesting but we don't know what any of those songs sound like so.... 14

I like Prostitute as the closer on the album. It's grown on me over time and it's my favorite song from CD. The one thing they got right was Chinese Democracy to open the album and Prostitute to close it.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axlin08 wrote:

Er, we haven't heard five of those songs. How can we possibly say it's a better tracklist?

Sky Dog wrote:

"What I know is it's the record that was able to get through the red tape and get itself out there while helping friends, loved ones and myself along the way."........Axl from the chats. Hmmmm. Chinese is clearly the "leak" album.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

The general as an opener? what a shock.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:

"What I know is it's the record that was able to get through the red tape and get itself out there while helping friends, loved ones and myself along the way."........Axl from the chats. Hmmmm. Chinese is clearly the "leak" album.

That was the maximum we could get. Without the leaks, we'd still be getting those nonsense rumours and band member tweets about the 'greatest album ever', with AFD tribute tours in every 3 years.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
madagas wrote:

speaking of the General..:P

"'People will hear music this year,' says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. 'We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,' he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. [...] Among Rose's favorites are 'Better,' 'There Was a Time' and 'The Blues.'" (Rolling Stone, 01/18/06)

13 on the album....all three mentioned on that tracklist....check out that cd back cover...it says copyright 2007. That really could have been a version of Chinese and then in 2008 the leaks came and changed everything...forced ax to release them.
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/637/ … covye7.jpg

This track list (jpg file) was always fake

CD was always going to be track 1 on CD, and Prostitute was always set for CD as well. I had this confirmed by all parties years ago.

As for 'Ides of March', it is an unfinished track, confirmed by Dizzy years ago who wrote the riff for the song in the first place.

Board footer