You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Fernando's link to leaks? And the craziness that is gnr

gnfnraxl wrote:
2008 Intentions wrote:

---when my friends heard some of the songs, all they do is praise. "Catcher In The Rye" "The Blues", "Chinese Democracy" is all wonderful.

Thanks Fernando, its your fault, now we dont have chidem with 16 or 17 songs

Holy crap!  I'm about to defend Fernando.  Not his fault.  It's technically not even Axl's fault.  If I remember correctly there is room for only one more song on CD.  So it's Axl's fault there is only 14 songs cause he was too chicken to add one more song.  But 16 or 17.  Just didn't fit.

ronartest2004
 Rep: 2 

gnfnraxl wrote:
2008 Intentions wrote:

---when my friends heard some of the songs, all they do is praise. "Catcher In The Rye" "The Blues", "Chinese Democracy" is all wonderful.

Holy crap!  I'm about to defend Fernando.  Not his fault.  It's technically not even Axl's fault.  If I remember correctly there is room for only one more song on CD.  So it's Axl's fault there is only 14 songs cause he was too chicken to add one more song.  But 16 or 17.  Just didn't fit.

I highly doubt Fernando ever got a disc of new gnr material and uploaded it to the internet, what good what that do for him?. But it has been proven by MSL that the first leaks he got from the guys in "fake spain" as he called it did in fact originate from Fernando. I cant blame Fernando, if I worked around Axl and had heard how great the new music was and my friends wanted to hear it, I would probably give at least one of them a disc, and people being who they are I know that if someone approached one of my friends and said "Hey ill give you something you really,really want for a couple of those songs" they would probably say "hell yeah".

Now as far as there only being 14 songs because Axl was too chicken,no.
I have always thought as ive said above the only reason we ever got CD was because of the leaks, and im a strong believer that if we wouldve gotten studio quality tracks of "the general,atlas shrugged, ides of march, silkworms...etc..." we wouldve had a very different looking CD, And I think we would be talking about the unheard songs such as TIL and Sorry. Maybe my theory is fucked, who knows. But thats just my strong feeling.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
ronartest2004 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
2008 Intentions wrote:

I highly doubt Fernando ever got a disc of new gnr material and uploaded it to the internet, what good what that do for him?. But it has been proven by MSL that the first leaks he got from the guys in "fake spain" as he called it did in fact originate from Fernando. I cant blame Fernando, if I worked around Axl and had heard how great the new music was and my friends wanted to hear it, I would probably give at least one of them a disc, and people being who they are I know that if someone approached one of my friends and said "Hey ill give you something you really,really want for a couple of those songs" they would probably say "hell yeah".

I have always thought as ive said above the only reason we ever got CD was because of the leaks, and im a strong believer that if we wouldve gotten studio quality tracks of "the general,atlas shrugged, ides of march, silkworms...etc..." we wouldve had a very different looking CD, And I think we would be talking about the unheard songs such as TIL and Sorry. Maybe my theory is fucked, who knows. But thats just my strong feeling.

You pretty much confirmed Axl's a chicken.  *lol*  You said it.  Only reason we got CD is because of the leaks.  If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck well it certainly isn't a horse.  There was room for one more song on that record and an album that took this long to get out there is no reason to not have 80 minutes or really close to 80 minutes of music.  But again.  16 or 17 songs was impossible.

ronartest2004

gnfnraxl wrote:
ronartest2004 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

You pretty much confirmed Axl's a chicken.  *lol*  You said it.  Only reason we got CD is because of the leaks.  If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck well it certainly isn't a horse.  There was room for one more song on that record and an album that took this long to get out there is no reason to not have 80 minutes or really close to 80 minutes of music.  But again.  16 or 17 songs was impossible.

Just because the leaks lit a fire under Axls ass doesnt mean he was chicken, it means that people who have dealt with Axl knew that it would take something that was out of his hands to make him finally sign off on the album being put out. But I simply think it was good business, if I only have a certain amount of something (with Axl it being songs), Am I going to give people what they want (the general,atlas,ides..etc) and whenever I decide to release more material say to my fans "Hey remember those songs however many years ago that got leaked to the internet...well all of them are on my new album", Whereas yes he did do that with this album, but he has something to fall back on with the tracks we have not heard yet.

The way I look at it is...Say if a bunch of people start throwing $100 bills off a building,and I dont it. Am I a chicken?, Or not?.

Its the same damn thing as a drug dealer, you give someone a taste, get them hooked and keep em coming back.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The leaks didn't light a fire unde his ass.  It's fairly obvious that he didn't want the album released when it was.  He just gave them the songs that leaked plus a couple other clunkers so they'd leave him alone.

ronartest2004

buzzsaw wrote:

The leaks didn't light a fire unde his ass.  It's fairly obvious that he didn't want the album released when it was.  He just gave them the songs that leaked plus a couple other clunkers so they'd leave him alone.

In my above posts Ive said the same exact thing. So it did light a fire under his ass...When we had low quality unfinished leaks, he didnt release shit, but when we got basically finished songs we got the album. And you can tell that it was nowhere close to being released as the booklet was all fucked up, and Axl himself said they had to rush to get it out which is why there were so many typos, and it wasnt how he wanted it but again they had to rush to get it out.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
ronartest2004 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

In my above posts Ive said the same exact thing. So it did light a fire under his ass...When we had low quality unfinished leaks, he didnt release shit, but when we got basically finished songs we got the album. And you can tell that it was nowhere close to being released as the booklet was all fucked up, and Axl himself said they had to rush to get it out which is why there were so many typos, and it wasnt how he wanted it but again they had to rush to get it out.

Well again proves it didn't lit a fire under his ass.  Just that when the leaks happened they had to think fast and if they didn't get it out soon then all hopes of making money off this clusterfuck would've been gone (although it was already pretty much gone).  So only thing it did is that it forced Axl's hand.  And you call that lighting a fire?  To each his own I guess.  Axl was backed in a corner and he had no way out anymore.  Now the interesting thing to watch is will he let himself be cornered like that again?  That is the drama to watch.

ronartest2004

I guess they way we look at lighting a fire under someones ass is different. My view is that Axl has a ass, and the fire was the leaks,which equaled into the fire being put to his ass which meant that he felt the heat from the leaks,which in turn he was forced to release the album.

Im looking at it lighting a fire under his ass in a small scope than you are, Im not saying that it made him get out and promote,tour..work on new material because obviously NONE of that happened. But it did a light a fire as far as the album being released.

This has to be a record for how many times fire to an ass has been mentioned in a thread. lol.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Interviewer - What about McKagan's departure?

Fernando - It was because I wanted to spend time with his family.

Hahahahaha.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Although I don't think This I Love was a clunker, and Baz said Sorry was slated for CD back in 2006.

But you've got the right idea. Scraped was a total throwaway song put on there, just to fatten it up a bit. The funny thing is, Axl could've put a studio version of Silkworms and a remix of Oh My God on there, and it still would've fit.

In a sense, i'm kind of shocked those two weren't just thrown on there, to basically be a chronicle to the 1998-2008 era.

Board footer