You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Fernando's link to leaks? And the craziness that is gnr

misterID wrote:

He wasn't supposed to know he was being interviewed, right? Yeah...

Journalist - At the moment, what kind of woman for Rose?

Fernando - He is not seeking women. His attention is focused on the new album. He does not want any distractions. Usually stare at a few women, but no runs after.

That's disturbing. Sounds like they're all big cock blocks. Maybe this means: Women = Threat to his and mommy's positions.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ronartest2004
 Rep: 2 

russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

Fernando - He is not seeking women. His attention is focused on the new album. He does not want any distractions. Usually stare at a few women, but no runs after.

That's disturbing. Sounds like they're all big cock blocks. Maybe this means: Women = Threat to his and mommy's positions.

Um yeah. I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of... agree with you there.

The more this thing drags on the more Elvis=MJ=Axl for me.

I agree a 100%, usually you get attacked and/or banned on any other board for saying something negative about Beta. But ive always thought that beta/fernando...but more so Beta is the reason why things are the way they are. If they lose Axl,they lose everything. You hear stories about her not telling Axl that certain people called him, So I think that she knows that certain people that could have an impact on Axl are denied access.

And with Axls state of mind he will defend her/fernando to the end, which is kinda sad,but its what makes axl happy.

AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

Um yeah. I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of... agree with you there.

The more this thing drags on the more Elvis=MJ=Axl for me.

Haven't we had discussions before in 2006, about people Axl dating chicks...?

...And apart from that, don't we know he was at least getting laid in the 80s/90s at least.

Pretty sure you guys are the first to compare Axl's alleged sex life with Michael Jackson's alleged sex life.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I just hope Axl's life isn't cut short (Elvis/MJ) because of it.

Funny, same thing happened when Slash tried to bury the hatchet with Axl... Beta intercepted, and refused to let him talk to him.

Come on... when Tom fucking Zutaut who used to be a significant player in the business, and helped build the legacy of GN'R is being tossed from a launch party by fucking Fernando, things are majorly wrong. Even if that was my establishment that wouldn't have happened. "We will just leave then and take our business elsewhere"

Fine. That'll happen before some beaner son of a toilet scrubber starts dictating to me I toss former A&R guys from Geffen records out of my club.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I want to put forward another view point and I wouldn't know if it's right or wrong, but it's a thought.

I've read a lot of posts over the years of people saying Beta and co make Axl make poor decisions, are blocking the reunion censoring info to him, milking him for their own interests and so forth.

However something has occured to me:

1. It would appear from the outside Axl has a history of unhappy personal and family relationships. From what I understand his upbringing and family were unhappy, there's the sad way things worked out with Erin and Stephanie, and even some of his business relationships - band members, managers seem to have gone poorly. So I would imagine loyality to him, and unconditionall support of him in both good times and in shit would be something he would value very highly. Beta and Fernando provide him with a type of adopted family and appear to be providing love and support to him that he hasn't found elsewhere.

2. Perhaps they censor information. But it's also said that Axl is a very sensitive guy. It would appear over the years he may have experienced doubts of depression (songs such as 'estranged' indicate at least an empathy for those suffering such things), perhaps anxiety or other types of issues. It's certanly clear that he is offended by comments that he consideres lies made about him by others, both online, in the media and so on. Contact with certain things may insight rage or extreme sadness within him, that's counterproductive to his own goals. It's possible if they shield him from situations and information it may be because it allows him to be happier that way and it's done with the best of intentions.

I'm just saying, maybe some people can look at it and say they block a reunion to keep themselves on the payroll or whatever and that's one point of view, but maybe it's more, maybe it is a friendship and family style bond, and they actually want the best for Axl. Who knows what would have happened if he hadn't found the support of these people? Maybe he'd have talked to slash sooner, but maybe he'd have wound up dead or in jail too. Just because beta and fernando come from a poor background doesn't mean it's all about the money necessarily, it might be they actually want to help axl, and are approaching the situation and making choices out of care and concern, and afterall, with more knowledge of the personal sides of the people involved than us.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl is a sensative guy because he doesn't trust anyone's intentions, because the world he works and lives in is full of sharks and liars. Censoring info from him, ENHANCES this perception.

Either way, it's not healthy. Axl continuing to RUN from his past doesn't help the situation either.

His last interview almost alluded to some sort of strange revisionist history in his mind, to try to make all the pieces of the puzzle fit the way he would like them to, and it's just not the case. The things he said, he can't get out of now, because he was answering them himself, and the other one with Del James made him look even more so like a douche (hey dude, grow some fucking balls and do a REAL interview with a REAL interviewer).

Here's the facts, and NEITHER are good news.

Either Axl is extremely brainwashed, making Beta & co. look very badly.

Or Axl is a fucking lunatic who believes his own lies, and lives in a strange fantasy where he, solely, made Guns N' Roses and everyone is out ta get him.

If I were a betting man, I would go for the 2nd one being the truth.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I love how everyone plays psychoanalyst with the life of Axl Rose.  Please proceed, didn't mean to interrupt.

Sorry if that sounds a little harsh, but sometimes it seems like people are just making assumptions about the guy from what little we know about him.  He's not the most available guy these days yet we take ONE interview he's done and base all our opinions on that. 

Again, I'm sure I'll get blasted for this.  But who's to say Beta, Fernando, the latest Victoria's Secret model is bad for Axl?  Do you know what goes on behind closed doors?  I'm sure we know very little about the entire situation so we should probably refrain from speaking on anyone's behalf.

Maybe Axl is happy the way things are.  Has anyone ever considered that?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It would be different if we haven't had any interactions with beta or Fernando. But we have. If we hadn't had confrontations with them and their aggressive weirdness then I'd agree with you, to a point. And I'm not speaking on anyones behalf.

Maybe he is happy. I hope so. I don't know what's going on. But you can only base opinions on what you're given.  We all make assumptions about people we don't really know or situations we weren't apart of.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

Again, I'm sure I'll get blasted for this.  But who's to say Beta, Fernando, the latest Victoria's Secret model is bad for Axl?  Do you know what goes on behind closed doors?  I'm sure we know very little about the entire situation so we should probably refrain from speaking on anyone's behalf.

yeah that's kind of what I was getting at. The impression i've got from what we know is that Axl would be far unhappier, and probably conequently in a worse situation had he not found beta and fernando. He might be doing things that others would like easier, but at what cost to his own well being. 

Take the situation with slash. For right or wrong Axl feels hurt by him and wants nothing to do with him. A different situation might have forced Axl to work with him again. Maybe we'd get some records, but what would that do to him on a personal level? He feels the way he feels, and he seems happiest doing his own thing his own way, and I think for hin as a human, it's nice that he's finally found people to give him some kind of traditional family life.

Board footer