You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Q&A with Bumblefoot

faldor wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

I believe that the only GN'R line-up we'll ever see or hear of again is the 2002 one.

Bumblefoot and Frank probably did their last shows back in the summer of 2007.

And we will not see DJ Ashba in Guns N' Roses. Never.

That's my latest thoughts...

I think that was Axl's original vision from the start (post original GNR era at least), so I'm sure he'd be fine with that.  I don't see that happening though.  The current "lineup" seems more reliable when it comes to touring/working with Axl.  Although if these current events are a sign of things to come, that could change quickly.

Ron's touring with Lita Ford, working on a new band.  DJ's working with SixxAM.  Dizzy's releasing a solo album, playing with Richard, who plays and works with lots of other pop artists.  Frank is out and about.  Not much has been heard from Chris, Tommy, or of course Axl. 

Not to drag them into the conversation, but it seems like GNR is even less active than VR these days.  And we don't even know if VR actually exists anymore.  That's not a good sign.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I love scrapped, and i think bumble does a good job here considering some of the questions he was being asked were clearly directed a certain way.

I personally think the silence will continue for an unknown amount of time, but I'd expect until at least mid next year, then eventually we'd see an Axl, DJ, Bumble, Richard, Chris, Dizzy, Tommy, Frank line up for some shows. Guess work...but i don't see any reason to assume either bumble or Dj is out..when Axl wants to play some shows...they'll be happy to join him onstage i'd guess.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I believe that the only GN'R line-up we'll ever see or hear of again is the 2002 one.

Bumblefoot and Frank probably did their last shows back in the summer of 2007.

And we will not see DJ Ashba in Guns N' Roses. Never.

That's my latest thoughts...

Really? Wow, what a leap of faith. I certaintly wouldn't be against it, but something tells me, we'll see Slash, Izzy & Duff perform with Axl under the Guns N' Roses moniker again, before we'll ever see Bucket back in GN'R.

jmo

I also agree the DJ thing is dead as hell.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I also agree the DJ thing is dead as hell.

But dj's still got it on his page, and there was that symor dunlop add recently...nothing suggests he's gone. I think this is just a normal dead period.

Axlin08 wrote:

Really?

I'm not saying that it'll ever happen, but I do believe that it's the biggest possibility.

Whether it's in concert or on an album.

It's either that or nothing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow, still, I think it's the longest of long shots, but like my main man Mustaine says... "i'll be the first in line".

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

"but it better work this time"

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If you're trying to make me cum, it's working......

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

It's interesting to see that he likes Scraped a lot. I would like to see This I Love and Sorry performed live, that'd be monumental to me. As far as I'm concerned, those two songs can stack up with the good stuff from any GNR era. Only picking two songs that I feel can compete with the big boys of old isn't really a slam though. The music that most impacts me has always come from Guns, so it's quite the accomplishment, really. My only complaint really is there should have been 5 albums since Spaghetti, not one. Need more to chew on.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer