You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

Von wrote:

Aaron North sucked. I'll take Finck whichever way I can get him, he's a great player and I love GN'R and NIN. Since GN'R wasn't touring anyway this summer (c'mon), why not see him with his old buddy TRez? This is gonna be a badass tour.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Just got the Prick album from 95, which Trent produced many tracks off of, and Prick opened up for NIN on the US leg of the tour back then.

I'm really liking it. It's got more of a punk feel than most industrial does, there's enough guitar to make it interesting at least. Some samples are clearly Downwrad Spiral leftovers, but that's not all bad. IT's like a more upbeat NIN with a Bowie-esque vocal swagger.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I used to be really into Prick. I've lost touch with my old industrial tastes. I have Prick's second album, autographed. I was trying to sell it and the first album the other day. Not really looking for much more than a couple bucks. If anyone else is into Prick, let me know. Sometimes they're hard to come by...

Communist China

I'd be interested in their second album but I just spent some money on the first one (and some other albums) so I'm not gonna make an offer anytime too soon.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That Oakland date has my name written all over it.

When do tickets go on sale?

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

they havent said when yet. That MI show has my name on it.

edit: i just checked nin.com and there is a post by TR that just says "two weeks" - hmm i wonder for what?

Communist China

Tickets aren't on sale yet - NIN has been in the process of destroying their $30 membership fan club The Spiral and replacing it with a free fan club, so I think the process of presales and everything is holding them up. They've said they're working out a way to keep scalpers away from the tickets.

the last time Trent said 2 weeks it ended up being the release of Ghosts. It could be the announcement of a new fan club, or a final video project for Ghosts (unlikely), or it could be a new EP/album. Pics of people in studio, and Freese with a ton of drums and mics, would point towards that.

James

James wrote:

Freese and Finck on material that will actually get released?

Sign me up.

I still need to hear this Ghosts album. Maybe I'll check the torrents.

Communist China

I wasn't blown away by Ghosts to be honest James, it's more fragments and ideas than songs.

But yeah if TR is letting Finck contribute in studio, as one recent pic suggests, then I am very excited.

James

James wrote:

As soon as someone finds out when these tickets go on sale, post it here or I'll forget. I really want to see this show.

Feel free to post any sort of presale passwords that circulate.

Board footer