You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Sorry

AtariLegend wrote:

I meant lyrically, it sound's like something Water's could of , would song. Where Axl changed a few lyrics (namely the cheesy kick your ass thing), musically does it sound closer to "No Quarter" ish.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I know it's been discussed on here, doesn't mean it can't be brought up again 22
And what "Waters era Floyd" are you referring to? That phrase covers a ton of different musical styles.

"The Wall" albeit with Axl's attitude.

All 26 songs? 16 For me, the only thing I on The Wall that sounds even in the same ball park as Sorry is Don't Leave Me Now.

Reminds me of HEY YOU actually and I had this thought the first time I've heard it.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Sorry, Don't hear any Floyd in this song. Hey You is 1 million times deeper and better than this song.

otto

otto wrote:

I'm not comparing the songs not even saying one or the other is better.

If you weren't using your troll costume tonight you'd have noticed that.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

U said reminds u of Hey You. Thats comparing. I love the song Sorry, but I dont consider it in the vein of anything on The Wall

otto

otto wrote:

Okay, let me try to detail how I think Sorry reminded me of Hey You when I first heard it:
- Acoustic guitars proeminent on the mix and the arrangements of the acoustic guitars between verses
- The pace/tempo is similar
- The way the electric solo kicks in
- The almost spoken altough sang melodies
- The choruses being way more melodic than the verses
- The lower register on Axl's part and the way the verses are constructed
- The overall "vibe" of the song

If I'd compare them I'd say Hey You is much much better than Sorry, hands down one of my favorite Floyd songs. I was just saying that when I first listened to Sorry it reminded me of Hey You... Once somebody said that they got the floyd-ish vibe out of it I thought I'd share.

The "reminds me" part on my first post might have been confusing and English is not my first language so sometimes I'm lacking vocabulary to express what I really mean. A shorter "It reminded me of Hey You the first time I've heard it" could've done it smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sorry always reminded me of Pink Floyd meets Alice In Chains. It's probably the closest we've come to GN'R recording a grunge song in the band's (or name's ?) history.

Board footer