You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Zakk Wylde admitted to hospital

Gong wrote:

zakk_clot001_160x120.jpg

Black Label Society guitarist Zakk Wylde was admitted to hospital following the band's show at Missola, Montana on August 19, where he was treated for a blood clot. According to Wylde's official Twitter account, he attended the hospital the following day to receive further treatment. No other details are available.

In other news, Ozzy Osbourne debuted his new guitarist Gus G [Firewind] at a show in Anaheim, California last night. A post on his official site, a spokesperson explained why the Double O's long-standing guitarist Wylde has been temporarily replaced.

"Due to Zakk Wylde's current touring commitments with Black Label Society and Mike Bordin's ongoing reunion tour with Faith No More, Ozzy will be playing with guitarist, Gus G, and drummer, Tommy Clueftos for this special performance," reads the statement. "They will be joining current Osbourne band members, Blasko (bass) and Adam Wakeman (keyboards). Ozzy loves the challenge of working with new musicians and is enjoying the sound and energy that this band has been producing in rehearsals this week."

http://www2.kerrang.com/2009/08/zakk_wy … spita.html

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He's a solo artist. It says 'Ozzy Osbourne' on the banner. It's not a band. It's up to him what he wants to compose his backing musicians as.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Yeah but he still fired him in a real assholish way. I've got no problem with him replacing Ozzy, just think the way it was done was really low.

On another note. Zakk Wylde upskirt! Do not want!!!!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh I agree. But why should we expect any different. Sharon controls Ozzy, and Sharon is notorious for hiring/firing on a whim.

In her mind, Ozzy MADE Zakk Wylde, so they can treat him like he's an employee.

"His songs were sounding too much like BLS" - umm, that's a good thing.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Oh I definitely agree with you. Ozzy's just a puppet now and Sharon's pulling all the strings.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

i just watched them playing "i don't wanna change the world"... that gus g guy is good.... but it sounded ALL FUCKING WRONG..... i feel ill

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Ozzy is the reason it sounds wrong. Unless he's in the studio with a shit tonne of auto-tune he sounds like crap.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Wow hope hes ok. Hes lucky they caught that. If one of those hits your brain yhou can be in trouble. WEll Im happy Zakk has flown the Coop. Even if he was given a kick start from that cold bitches witch shaped boot.. More time to focus on BLS.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Ozzy is the reason it sounds wrong. Unless he's in the studio with a shit tonne of auto-tune he sounds like crap.

So true. The last album I enjoyed Ozzy's voice on was Tears. He's fucked up his vocals so much over the years through hard living, that he lives on studio tweaking at this point. I tried listening to a recent live boot awhile back, and I was like fuck this shit. He sounded horrible.

Short of a few singles, and the occasional ballad, I haven't really cared for anything in his catalog since Tears. In alot of ways, i'd like his albums (Ozzmosis, Down To Earth & Black Rain if I remember correctly), much more if Ozzy's voice was just stripped from it, and it was just Zakk doing instrumentals.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axl S wrote:

not only that... the keyboards are louder than the goddamn fiddle....

Board footer