You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: The GnREvolution Q&A with Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

BLS-Pride wrote:

As always Ron is a class act. Great interview. The questions were great and Neemo did a great job putting the whole thing together. I would like to hear some Ron input on a new song from this band. Talented song writer and did for the most part great work with CD.

The nut punching line is epic win.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

One of his best interviews.  I've always said this.  Axl should really take advantage of Ron's good interview skills.  If that guy could elaborate more we'd get tons of info.  But to his credit he at least tries to share info with us instead of shitting in his pants when asked about whose idea it was for a guitar solo during a concert.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

So while I may be considered one of the jerk offs by the band and or the fans I still give Ron tons of credit on this.  Cause it contained info and was not pointless.  Again Axl if you do not like interviews please take advantage of this amazing wealth of interview talent you've got by your side.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think this thread(so far) should show the GNR camp the feelings of the entire online fan base in a nutshell. People "whine", but when a band member is willing to divulge even tiny nuggets of info and "keep it real", the whining ceases and people get a better understanding of the situation.

As I've said before, a little goes a long ways.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I think this thread(so far) should show the GNR camp the feelings of the entire online fan base in a nutshell. People "whine", but when a band member is willing to divulge even tiny nuggets of info and "keep it real", the whining ceases and people get a better understanding of the situation.

Well said.  In other words we do not ask for much.  Just a little effort.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Didn't Axl say on the Trunk interview that the band had been working on a brand new song that day at rehearsals? Course it could have been Scraped or something that already existed and was being 'reworked'. We know Ron only came in late in the day in 06 so it's possible he missed out on working on new brand material by mere days. Pure speculation though.

As for the interview it was excellent probably his best yet and really in depth. Major thanks to Neemo and of course Ron for answering. Hopefully we'll get to see you on the road with GNR in the not too distant future Ron 5

I do remember that vaguely, but I'm sure they were working on a "new" song as in a song they hadn't played live or rehearsed before.  I highly doubt they sat down and came up with a song in a matter of days, then Ron joined and they tried it out.  Things just don't move that swiftly in the land of GNR.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This is true.  Even Axl was getting praise when he did the online chats. 

Then he disappeared again and the hatred ensued.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
skippy wrote:

And yes, Ron is the coolest, most fan friendly, media savvy guy in Guns, since...ever?  Slash, now but not then maybe?

Slash and Duff were more media friendly, even back in the day. They not only gave interviews, but actually said a lot of things. They even adressed the problems in the band. However I really appreciate Ron's efforts to inform us, even in this time of Axlist censorship. One can only wonder what he would say if wasn't afraid of losing his job. He's a cool guy, my favourite personality in the post-Gilby era. I still don't understand the ultramega secrecy of the GN'R things, Axl acts like we'd be in the middle of the Cold War, probably on opposite sides.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

See?

That wasn't so hard.

The morale in here has improved already.

Thanks Ron!

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Great interview.  Ron is a very witty and fun person, what a great asset to this community.

Nice job to everyone involved in making this happen and Ron...thanks for being a friend of the fans bro!

Board footer