You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: The GnREvolution Q&A with Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

Axl S wrote:

Best post 1996 Non-Axl interview I've read.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

So while I may be considered one of the jerk offs by the band and or the fans I still give Ron tons of credit on this.  Cause it contained info and was not pointless.  Again Axl if you do not like interviews please take advantage of this amazing wealth of interview talent you've got by your side.

I think we all know the two people who'd be facing off in the final round of a 'biggest jerkoff' contest...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm fairly sure I make the final two.

AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm fairly sure I make the final two.

I can think of two even worse than you, one posting in this thread, who by comparison pushes you back to borderline.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Great, another interview where a bandmember tells us nothing

I kid i kid

Thanks Ron for the answers to our questions and thanks for been the only one in the band that makes an effort for the fans and understands us.
You da Man.   22

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Bumblefoot: Ah man, I never get into things that haven't happened - it can affect the final outcome of things, ya can't do that. It's like going up to a stranger and saying, 'In 10 seconds I'm gonna try to steal your car.'  Guaranteed, the outcome won't be the same. So I never talk about plans, things that haven't happened yet - also, as I'm here typing this, managers could be walking out of a meeting in LA, and I don't know what's up until they tell me. Anything I'd say would be mis-information until it's so absolutely undeniably definite, in which case you'd probably find out from them soon after I did.  In my own band, there's less riding on things, it's ok to open the window and let everyone see inside. And I enjoy that, making videos in the studio as an album's being recorded, letting people know what I'm planning for myself - no biggie, if the plans don't happen, it's not like multi-million dollar companies have invested time and the work of hundreds of people are affected by the change. There's a need for protection and privacy when it comes to GNR bizz, or anything on that level. I know it can make you feel frustrated, invisible, abandoned - even though it sucks, I hope you understand that there's too much at stake to risk being irresponsible with information.

This is horse shit. I understand where Ron is coming from, not wanting to abandon a pretty good meal ticket and being "respectful" of Axl's wishes.

But for all the talk of Bucket, Frank, etc being "full band members," they sure are just Axl's little bitches. A real band wouldn't have gag orders imposed on every member but one.

So he hasn't written anything, and only recorded on half of the songs on the CD, and 'a handful' of songs off CD. He's not a real member, he's a hired hand.

Ron is a cool guy, but lets stop pretending that he's anything other than a session or touring guitarist. He's as much a member of GnR as Richard is Rhianna.

Sky Dog wrote:

you need to get over yourself and find another artist to bitch about....seriously. I am not saying you are all that wrong, just a bit irritating with the incessant, belligerent posts. We all know the story here so give it a rest.:thumbup:

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:
madagas wrote:

you need to get over yourself and find another artist to bitch about....seriously. I am not saying you are all that wrong, just a bit irritating with the incessant, belligerent posts. We all know the story here so give it a rest.:thumbup:

Settle down there, Jarmo. There's not really a whole lot to NOT bitch about.

Maybe we should just freeze the board until further notice if we're only gonna focus on the positive.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:
russtcb wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:
madagas wrote:

Settle down there, Jarmo. There's not really a whole lot to NOT bitch about.

Maybe we should just freeze the board until further notice if we're only gonna focus on the positive.

There's plenty of positive to focus on. Like for example; Ron taking time out of his day to do this at all. Or him giving detailed, in depth answers when they questions could've been dodged or ignored. Hey look! There's two things right there!

Board footer