You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: The GnREvolution Q&A with Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

you need to get over yourself and find another artist to bitch about....seriously. I am not saying you are all that wrong, just a bit irritating with the incessant, belligerent posts. We all know the story here so give it a rest.:thumbup:

You know it's a lot easier and more fun for some people to complain, bitch, moan, etc.  Why waste time and find anything positive?  That's no fun.  (in case you couldn't notice, this post is dripping with sarcasm)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:

Settle down there, Jarmo. There's not really a whole lot to NOT bitch about.

Don't use his name to insult people here. If you bothered to read his posts, you'd see his bitching rivals mine, so trying to insult him as king of the nutswingers simply doesn't work.

Maybe we should just freeze the board until further notice if we're only gonna focus on the positive.

You really gonna go there? There are pretty much only two boards left that let you speak your mind, one of which you obviously hate.

We have ONE thread that asks members to concentrate on the positive. There's nothing wrong with that. I actually think it's pretty cool to see members talk about what they enjoy without all the soap opera shit attached.

We actually should have done this when the album was released.

There's NOTHING wrong with this interview. I am king of the whiners and even I cant find anything wrong with it. He was about as open as he could be, gave some info not known before, so what's the problem? Hell, I've seen people spanning all boards saying it's the best interview from these guys yet. Only interview that rivals it is Tommy's from earlier this year.

If you're gonna fault anyone, fault me, neemo, the rest of this staff, and the Evo members whose questions were answered. Those questions were not screened. He didn't pick a few he was willing to answer off of a list. He answered every question sent to him.

Did he leak an album? Give a release date? Announce a tour? No, of course not. No one should have expected anything of that nature. Hell, he had the balls to clear the air regarding those vids which people had been bitching about all year. For the first time, he confirmed he recorded on more tracks than what we heard. He also confirmed no new tracks have been recorded since his arrival. That is some vital info people have been wondering about for YEARS.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

you need to get over yourself and find another artist to bitch about....seriously. I am not saying you are all that wrong, just a bit irritating with the incessant, belligerent posts. We all know the story here so give it a rest.:thumbup:

In case you were aiming this at me cause you aim a lot of posts at me.  I ain't complaining here.  I said that this was a positive thing and that Axl should take advantage of Ron's abilities here.  If this was done once in a while a lot of people would be happy.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:

Settle down there, Jarmo. There's not really a whole lot to NOT bitch about.

Don't use his name to insult people here. If you bothered to read his posts, you'd see his bitching rivals mine, so trying to insult him as king of the nutswingers simply doesn't work.

Maybe we should just freeze the board until further notice if we're only gonna focus on the positive.

You really gonna go there? There are pretty much only two boards left that let you speak your mind, one of which you obviously hate.

We have ONE thread that asks members to concentrate on the positive. There's nothing wrong with that. I actually think it's pretty cool to see members talk about what they enjoy without all the soap opera shit attached.

We actually should have done this when the album was released.

There's NOTHING wrong with this interview. I am king of the whiners and even I cant find anything wrong with it. He was about as open as he could be, gave some info not known before, so what's the problem? Hell, I've seen people spanning all boards saying it's the best interview from these guys yet. Only interview that rivals it is Tommy's from earlier this year.

If you're gonna fault anyone, fault me, neemo, the rest of this staff, and the Evo members whose questions were answered. Those questions were not screened. He didn't pick a few he was willing to answer off of a list. He answered every question sent to him.

Did he leak an album? Give a release date? Announce a tour? No, of course not. No one should have expected anything of that nature. Hell, he had the balls to clear the air regarding those vids which people had been bitching about all year. For the first time, he confirmed he recorded on more tracks than what we heard. He also confirmed no new tracks have been recorded since his arrival. That is some vital info people have been wondering about for YEARS.

Whatever Axl or Ron or anyone else from this band does or say, there will always be people to bitch about it James.  Even if Ron would have leaked an album, gave a release date, announce a tour and anything else some would've complained.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm fairly sure I make the final two.

That's actually what I alluding to. Probably you and myself in the final round.

mygnrsucks wrote:

Bumblefoot: Ah man, I never get into things that haven't happened - it can affect the final outcome of things, ya can't do that. It's like going up to a stranger and saying, 'In 10 seconds I'm gonna try to steal your car.'  Guaranteed, the outcome won't be the same. So I never talk about plans, things that haven't happened yet - also, as I'm here typing this, managers could be walking out of a meeting in LA, and I don't know what's up until they tell me. Anything I'd say would be mis-information until it's so absolutely undeniably definite, in which case you'd probably find out from them soon after I did.  In my own band, there's less riding on things, it's ok to open the window and let everyone see inside. And I enjoy that, making videos in the studio as an album's being recorded, letting people know what I'm planning for myself - no biggie, if the plans don't happen, it's not like multi-million dollar companies have invested time and the work of hundreds of people are affected by the change. There's a need for protection and privacy when it comes to GNR bizz, or anything on that level. I know it can make you feel frustrated, invisible, abandoned - even though it sucks, I hope you understand that there's too much at stake to risk being irresponsible with information.

This is horse shit. I understand where Ron is coming from, not wanting to abandon a pretty good meal ticket and being "respectful" of Axl's wishes.

But for all the talk of Bucket, Frank, etc being "full band members," they sure are just Axl's little bitches. A real band wouldn't have gag orders imposed on every member but one.

So he hasn't written anything, and only recorded on half of the songs on the CD, and 'a handful' of songs off CD. He's not a real member, he's a hired hand.

Ron is a cool guy, but lets stop pretending that he's anything other than a session or touring guitarist. He's as much a member of GnR as Richard is Rhianna.

I know alot of people are giving you shit... but I completely agree with this post.

Ron's greatest role for GN'R has been a terrific representative for the band. I didn't want to go too crazy on the "I haven't written anything" comment... but it pretty much confirms they are all session musicians for the Axl Rose solo project.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He also confirmed no new tracks have been recorded since his arrival. That is some vital info people have been wondering about for YEARS.

That's not what he said wink He hasn't written a song with GN'R, that was the sentence, so he could have recorded a new - let's say just for the fun of it - Fortus/Axl song. Although you are probably right and they'd have been reworking the Paul Tobias songs from 1997.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

And I think that sucks.  Just because my passion for Guns N' Roses doesn't jive with the current situation, I'm labeled as being bad.  There's nothing bad about me.  I'm opinionated, and I believe what I believe, but 95% of the time when I say something deemed inflammatory, it isn't just some random attack on someone or something.  I back up what I say with reasoning (almost always) and facts (when possible).  Yes, some of my reasoning is taken by others as me stating a fact, but I can't control that part of it.

I think any band should be excited to have someone like me as a fan - someone that cares as much as I do about the reputation of the band and how it is viewed by others.  Maybe I shouldn't care that Axl is tarnishing the band with what he's done.  Maybe I should just say "It's okay because nobody really considers this GnR anyway" and let it go.  I can't do it. 

I think Ron is a great guy.  I'm glad he is in the mix as a touring musician.  Hopefully he'll get to write with Axl at some point.  I think he does what he can and wishes he could do more.  He is by far the best thing to happen in the current era from a PR standpoint.  He's not self promoting any more than anybody else would, in fact I'd argue he does less than most do.  He's been great, but he's not a member of Guns N' Roses any more than I am.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

And I think that sucks.  Just because my passion for Guns N' Roses doesn't jive with the current situation, I'm labeled as being bad.  There's nothing bad about me.  I'm opinionated, and I believe what I believe, but 95% of the time when I say something deemed inflammatory, it isn't just some random attack on someone or something.  I back up what I say with reasoning (almost always) and facts (when possible).  Yes, some of my reasoning is taken by others as me stating a fact, but I can't control that part of it.

I think any band should be excited to have someone like me as a fan - someone that cares as much as I do about the reputation of the band and how it is viewed by others.  Maybe I shouldn't care that Axl is tarnishing the band with what he's done.  Maybe I should just say "It's okay because nobody really considers this GnR anyway" and let it go.  I can't do it. 

I think Ron is a great guy.  I'm glad he is in the mix as a touring musician.  Hopefully he'll get to write with Axl at some point.  I think he does what he can and wishes he could do more.  He is by far the best thing to happen in the current era from a PR standpoint.  He's not self promoting any more than anybody else would, in fact I'd argue he does less than most do.  He's been great, but he's not a member of Guns N' Roses any more than I am.

Exactly.  I have nothing against any of the members of this "Nu GNR" except maybe Dick but that's a whole different story.  I respect those guys.  But the situation Axl has put himself to really irks me.  What was once a formidable band is merely a joke now.  So it's not that I want to be negative but let's face it Axl hasn't given us too many positive things in the last few years.  As for Ron.  His PR is great I'd even say fantastic.  And when I saw them in 06 I liked his stage presence and Axl seemed to have a great interaction with him.  I'd evn say his best interactions were with Ron that night.  And I wish I could call him a member of GNR but unfortunately for Ron Axl won't allow such a thing.  I realize that the GNR name is dear to Axl and I ain't saying he should give those guys share in the name.  But if this is going to be a band they should be able to talk about what the band is doing or why the band isn't doing anything.  Instead we have Dick that pisses in his pants when asked about his solo during the tour in 06.  And I give kudos to Ron to actually man up and give us some info.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Exactly.  I have nothing against any of the members of this "Nu GNR" except maybe Dick but that's a whole different story.

I'm late here, what's the story?

Board footer