You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: DJ Ashba says GNR rehearses again!!

Neemo wrote:

cool

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
johndivney wrote:

hope axl rehearses. i doubt it though. never has. at the very least i hope he's been getting himself fit enough for the shows. last time his voice wasn't great, especially on stuff like the Na-Na's on Better where he was just too out of breath to get through or hold them properly -

I don't even hold that against him. He's no spring chicken anymore. He's in his late 40s, and he is under tremendous pressure every time he hits the stage. It's gotta be a spectacle. It's Axl Rose. The guy works a stage with the best of them, and people cant expect perfect screams when the guy just ran a couple 50 yard dashes beforehand.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Axl shows up for the last few rehearsals before the beginning of a tour. He was at the last few rehearsals before the HOB gigs and he was with the band at least from a week before the Hammerstein shows in 06.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

showing up and actually taking part are 2 different things

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

people cant expect perfect screams when the guy just ran a couple 50 yard dashes beforehand.

Axl didn't run too much since his 'return'. It wasn't more than a faster walk, but usually he just stood there. Anyway, music is about music and not about running, so I'm not worried - he still has the stage presence. He doesn't necesserly need to rehearse too much - some days with the band is enough if he practices with a vocal teacher.

It's good news anyway.

Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl didn't run too much since his 'return'. It wasn't more than a faster walk, but usually he just stood there.

Uh, maybe at a certain show you were at but he sure ran around a lot onstage during the 2006/2007 tours.

The only member who didn't move around too much was Tommy.

From Richard's Twitter:

Heading back to LA.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

He moves much, much, much, much less on stage than he used to. He looked like a statue of himself at the 2006 Budapest show, when I last saw him. He had health problems though (something was wrong with his back), so I don't judge him by this only one performance. But we're in the age of internet, so I saw plenty videos - he doesn't run too much. Mick Jagger runs 10 times more. But who cares if he sings well, and in most cases, he's very good. I wonder how he'll sound on the less or non-played CD songs.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

He runs a fair bit at the Rock Am Ring show. Sure he doesn't run around like he did in 19991, but he wasn't in his late forties in 1991.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Mick Jagger runs 10 times more.

Mick Jagger doesn't shriek his lungs out on every song, though.

But who cares if he sings well, and in most cases, he's very good.

Indeed. smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Well he might not move like he did in 1991, but he certainly still has the stage presence, and is still delivering a dynamic and memorable peformance. And that intro scream  to jungle just gets more fun the higher it gets!

Board footer