You are not logged in. Please register or login.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

Re: WTF does Pitman do?

emcitymisfit wrote:

wtf does pitman do live, exactly? his gear looks impressive, but is he just playing loops? I mean, Dizzy does the keyboards and synths, right? and not every song uses all that crap.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

wtf does pitman do live, exactly? his gear looks impressive, but is he just playing loops? I mean, Dizzy does the keyboards and synths, right? and not every song uses all that crap.

Pitman has to cue a lot of it and he also does extra keyboard parts and synth. Also who cares Pitman is awesome, one of the best songwriters in New Gnr.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

They need him to play sub bass.  Maybe the cowbell.  You can never have too much cowbell.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
Axl S wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

Pitman has to cue a lot of it and he also does extra keyboard parts and synth. Also who cares Pitman is awesome, one of the best songwriters in New Gnr.

Its not like we're all clamoring for a 4th guitarist. Just seems a little superfluous. Cue a bunch of shit? I'm sure pooch can press a button (between hoagies -- ZING!).

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Well who's gonna play synth when Dizzy has congas to play 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

Actually it's the other way around at this point. Dizzy compliments Chris.

Chris had a huge hand in making the instrumentation and synth on CD. Much more so than Dizzy.

Other than Axl, Chris has been the biggest GN'R guy since the whole 'new Guns' concept began.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Probably another reason I can't stand most of CD.  When your 2nd biggest impact guy is an effects guy, it's not the sign of a rock band.  It's the sign of a 90s industrial band (and all of them not named NIN suck).  When your key to an album's sound is at least a decade old, it's time to try something different.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Like Public Enemy drum sounds?

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Probably another reason I can't stand most of CD.  When your 2nd biggest impact guy is an effects guy, it's not the sign of a rock band.  It's the sign of a 90s industrial band (and all of them not named NIN suck).  When your key to an album's sound is at least a decade old, it's time to try something different.

You do know that guitars bass and drums are all over 5 decades old right?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

he's saying industrial was cool...like 10 years ago and synth is way older than 10 years...i think it was first used in music in the 70's

Board footer