You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: WTF does Pitman do?

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

he's saying industrial was cool...like 10 years ago and synth is way older than 10 years...i think it was first used in music in the 70's

He knows what I meant.  It's grasping for straws since he can't refute the actual point.

Sky Dog wrote:

synths and mellotrons were used in the 60's.....everything in rock and roll has been done. Period.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Probably another reason I can't stand most of CD.  When your 2nd biggest impact guy is an effects guy, it's not the sign of a rock band.  It's the sign of a 90s industrial band (and all of them not named NIN suck).  When your key to an album's sound is at least a decade old, it's time to try something different.

Stupid point really you have a very narrow minded view of music if that's what you think. Its a sign of a band that has kept up with the times and is embracing new ways of making music.

They are not a slayer or a lamb of god "manly bearded metal" type band. Forward thinking musicians. It says a lot for them that one of their best musicians is works with music in such a modern way

point refuted

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Probably another reason I can't stand most of CD.  When your 2nd biggest impact guy is an effects guy, it's not the sign of a rock band.  It's the sign of a 90s industrial band (and all of them not named NIN suck).  When your key to an album's sound is at least a decade old, it's time to try something different.

Stupid point really you have a very narrow minded view of music if that's what you think. Its a sign of a band that has kept up with the times and is embracing new ways of making music.

They are not a slayer or a lamb of god "manly bearded metal" type band. Forward thinking musicians. It says a lot for them that one of their best musicians is works with music in such a modern way

point refuted

Where?  Other than insulting me, you've said nothing.  Try again.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

point refuted

????? Read it again

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

point refuted

????? Read it again

You still said nothing.  Try saying it again.  In English this time.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

If you're trying to say that Axl is a genius for using early 90s technology on an album released in 2008 and Pitman was the key to the greatness of CD, I think you need to relearn the definition of the word modern...and greatness.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If you're trying to say that Axl is a genius for using early 90s technology on an album released in 2008 and Pitman was the key to the greatness of CD, I think you need to relearn the definition of the word modern...and greatness.

I have an education in this area and I work in this area its not 90s tech that they are using. Get your facts right. I never said he was a genius. I said that it was good that the band are embracing the technological revolution that is happening in music instrumentation as we speak. As a digital instrument designer I know about these things.

You really need to educate yourself before running your mouth telling everybody how smart you are, when you cannot even distinguish a modern instrument form a 90s made instrument.

YOu might need to read this point a few times to let it sink in

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

point refuted

????? Read it again

And next time you want to call me a fag, do it out in the open and not in the Karma log.  Don't be a coward.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I have an education in this area and I work in this area its not 90s tech that they are using. Get your facts right. I never said he was a genius. I said that it was good that the band are embracing the technological revolution that is happening in music instrumentation as we speak. As a digital instrument designer I know about these things.

You really need to educate yourself before running your mouth telling everybody how smart you are, when you cannot even distinguish a modern instrument form a 90s made instrument.

YOu might need to read this point a few times to let it sink in

Ummm...so the album was written in 2008?  None of the writing from the 90s was used at all?  Sorry dude, you're out of touch on this one.  There's nothing special about an effects guy.  The Beatles used effects in the 60s.  There's nothing super modern that Pitman did on CD, there's no great contribution he made.  He added noise to something already cluttered with other noise.  That isn't modern, that's called overkill.

Board footer