You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Prob no Brain on tour

misterID wrote:

Yeah, and band members don't speak for the band. Or have you not read a Bumblefoot interview?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Please tell me when we get to the part where I'm supposed to care.  The drummer is like the offensive line in football - the only time you get noticed is when you screw up.

Exactly.  Some people over on HTGTH are going crazy like they just lost a puppy because of this "news".  I mean Brain's a good drummer from what I've seen/heard, but of all the other guys that WON'T be on stage, he probably rates at #12 or so on the who will be missed list.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It'll be Matt Sorum on drums. 16

Seriously tho...

Frank > Brain

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I don't care. I thought I liked Brain but the drumming on ChiDem was incredibly weak and uninteresting. One of the album's greatest disappointments imo. Frank can handle AFD and standard Sorum-ish playing so that's fine.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Brain's drumming on Shacklers and Riad was uninteresting? Granted, not a lot of the songs lent themselves to drum clinics (Scraped, Irs, TIL), but brain is amazing. Frank added a bit to Better and Chinese Democracy, but I prefer Brain.

That being said -- it really ISNT that big of a deal.

Sky Dog wrote:

Brain on the outro to Catcher is phenomenal...those stripped down tracks really show you what we missed with all the extra layers. Riad, TWAT....VERY GOOD AS WELL.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I love the drumming on CD, just wish it was mixed a bit better in places. The outro to Catcher is amazing but it loses out in the volume battle between Axl and Bumble. The drumming throughout the whole song is fantastic actually, I love it.
I thinks Brains awesome, I was really hoping to get the chance to see playing new songs like Prostitute in a live setting, bit bummed to get the conformation.
I got a few emails off him a while back and he was hopeful he would get back out there with GNR but at the time he said nothing was lined up. I never bought into the 2 drummer theory and but always suspected Brain would just step aside if that was really what was presented. Mabye the timing just isnt right for him now and he had already made commitments for early next year, he's hardly still going to be waiting by the phone for Axl, he must've tired of that song and dance years ago.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Brain was the most talented musician of the current lineup.

You will be missed.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

If anyone besides Axl left the band I seriously doubt anyone would care at this point. Tommy has been around forever so maybe some people would be "angry" but at this point I honestly think most people expect it/dont care.

Personally I don't think the band will tour/make another album ever again. Maybe saying they won't tour is a stretch, but I defintely wouldn't be surprised if they stopped being active as a band.. not that they have ever been too active..

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Why is everyone reading this as "Brain won't be on the next tour" instead of the much more likely "what next tour are you talking about?"

I say this was Brain's way of telling us that there is no tour planned.

That did occur to me as well. But then we know from both DJ and Ron that rehersals are starting up. Which makes me pretty confident those shows are still planned so far.....

Board footer