You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Prob no Brain on tour

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

yes he did....thought about that after I posted. But, we all know, another album a few months off is a complete pipe dream.

Yes it is a pipe dream unfortunately, and even if he did have plans either for a quick follow up or a more likely scenario of a rerelease with bonus tracks, the fact Best Buy is overflowing with copies of CD pretty much prevents either from happening.

We're not even close to seeing anything until that product has been liquidated from shelves. Even then we may not see anything, but we definitely wont until that situation has been resolved.

Hopefully the american press will cover this Asian tour as it will cause more copies to be sold. If/when they tour here, album sales will go up as well. If Best Buy puts it on sale during both time frames, that will cause an increase as well.

The objective of all parties involved should be unloading this crap. Another reason GNR's silence on its official sites regarding these shows is preposterous. It's like they're begging for failure.

Also, while the singles weren't even a popcorn fart on pop culture's radar, they should definitely release one to coincide with the start of this tour. Grow some balls and include a real B side with it as well.

Obviously will never ever ever happen.

Only way you get a single, is if a new album is on the horizon. CD is dead, dead, dead red.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yes, I think it's pretty unlikely so see a new album for a bit, Axl also said he wanted to focus on this one for a bit, which you'd assume means play these songs and tour to some extent and stuff first.

Although a follow up album like he also hinted at could be interesting, I wonder how it would be handled, like as a stand alone release, or making a double pack availiable everywhere at the end of the best buy exclusive.

I dunno...all just dreams I guess. I'm looking forward to seeing some boots of a tour though (or going if they come back to Australia).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

My guess is a new album would probably package CD-era songs, until a totally new fresh start.

They'd probably pretend CD never existed, short of the singles.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They don't have to pretend it never happened. CD wasn't a flop. The promotion on both ends was atrocious but uni made money and so did GNR. And I don't think the existing copies of Chinese Democracy cd's at BB will have any impact or influence on the release of the next album. Universal doesn't give a shit about BB. If they could pop out another GNR album that'll sell like CD did internationally and they're putting no money behind it, they'll do it. When Axl made that "still working this album" comment he was still expecting promotion and to release more singles and a video, remember.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

And I don't think the existing copies of Chinese Democracy cd's at BB will have any impact or influence on the release of the next album. Universal doesn't give a shit about BB.

Best Buy is sitting on almost a million of those. You really don't think that will be a factor if a rerelease or a 2nd album comes down the pike? 16 They can open their floodgates and drown the world in 3 dollar copies of Chinese Democracy. At that price it would pull in more sales than the actual rerelease or new album.

This would be the case if it was any other band in the same position.

Those landfills are neutron bombs waiting to go off. I wouldn't be surprised if various industry insiders are watching this closely as the CD fiasco is uncharted waters in this era of big box exclusives.

I don't think we have to worry about it as its obvious nothing new is coming anytime soon but you cant just write off a million unsold albums collecting dust waiting for the right moment for a clearance sale.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

At this point, who would care if BB sold off all their copies of CD for $3? I don't see that having any real effect other than clearing storage space.  Maybe that's a good move, buy 2 for the price of one 16

I just don't see uni giving a shit about BB.

And I think that 2nd album will happen sooner than people think.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

if a 2nd album did drop, and this time had some promo, perhaps even that situation could be used to help move the left over CD1 stock? The could set up displays with CD2, and CD1 heavily present and a smaller amount of the back catalogue. They could push it as the two new albums you've probably missed kinda thing....

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'd defintiely drop a single to coincide with tour. I've wondered recently if that's why we never saw that third single back in Jan. They realised a tour wasn't going to happen for some considerable time so held back on another single until there was something to push like ticket sales. If they unloaded all the songs back in the winter/spring with no tour in sight there'd be nothing left to throw out come tour time. This way there's maybe two singles left they can release during the tour to fuel ticket and album sales (fingers crossed).

Personally as it's been ages since CD and Better I think The Blues would be a poor choice of next single. For me I'd go with IRS, a critics favourite since it first got properly heard in 06 and not too far from a classic GNR sound. That's assuming of course they release another single at all but it would certainly make sense. So there's not a cat in hells chance of it happening 16

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
misterID wrote:

At this point, who would care if BB sold off all their copies of CD for $3? I don't see that having any real effect other than clearing storage space.  Maybe that's a good move, buy 2 for the price of one 16

I just don't see uni giving a shit about BB.

And I think that 2nd album will happen sooner than people think.

Ok misterID.  Sleeping and dreaming again.  Wake up buddy.  A second album sooner than we think.  I have a better chance at being the next Pope.

Board footer