You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

buzzsaw wrote:

Monkey, you're free to open up your present, but when you tell everybody about it, don't expect them all to be happy for you because not everybody is getting the gift they want.  And before you start griping that the old band is never coming back, I'd like to point out that the old band isn't what everybody wants.  The fan base is so splintered now that nobody can agree on anything anymore.

I also don't think I've told anybody in the past couple years that they weren't a fan regardless of their interest in one lineup or another...maybe years ago when I first joined the forum world, but I don't recall doing it since jimbob's days.  My cousin knows DJ personally and says he's a good guy, so I assure you that I'm not rooting for him to fail.  The same generalizations you accuse me of making are made about me all the time.  You'll learn to live with it.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Wow, no Buzz you got me, I guess your "Ashba is GNR" foam finger is in the post as well?

No, but I am rooting for him

All your post about giving CD another listen demonstrated was that you, and others like you, were too quick out the starting blocks to condemn the album and that it isnt anywhere near as bad as you have been preaching for an entire year.

No, but thank you for assuming you know how I feel.  Some things aren't as bad as my first response, some were worse.  Fuck off if you can't accept that.

It didnt suprise me in the slightest, and although it was cool of you to come clean about it,  dont expect a round of applause, I'm afraid your past record precedes you. Your whole spiel this year has been deriding the album and all things new gnr, and it was irksome to say the least and hard to forget. Its no suprise people think your posts in this thread about ticket sales are just another way to piss on other peoples good time. Your faux outrage and little boy innocent act is rather amusing all the same 1622

Since I've posted less in the past year than most people that actually participate on this board, I will have to point out to you that your assumption, while childish and typical, is completely incorrect.  But since I'm going to get blamed for shit I didn't do anyway, I guess I will just go out of my way to piss on your good time exclusively.  You can thank yourself later.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The fan base is so splintered now that nobody can agree on anything anymore.

Aint that the truth.

Even in my own mind now it's impossible for me to come up with a dream line up now we have the new songs. Cos on the olds songs I'm a huge fan of Slash...but if he rejoined now I'd still want bumble or someone around for the crazy bucket bits. Sigh. That's how I ended up where I have, I love the old band so much, but it was just time to move on and give the new band it's time, and I really dig what we got on CD, and I think with Ashba its going to be a step better again....or not...beleive me if he hacks it up i'll be joining you in negative land wink

Anyway, i'm not saying everyone has to love this line up, i'm just saying that trying to convince people who are excited that they shouldn't be, well, it's probably not going to work, and if it did, what would it achieve other than make more unhappy people.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not trying to convince anybody that they shouldn't be excited.  As I said a couple pages ago, I'd be excited if they were coming near me and I'd be going no matter how many other people bought tickets.  Accepting the reality of the situation doesn't keep me from enjoying what I enjoy about GnR (old and new).  I don't know why it has to stop you guys...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I like Monkeychow's "Eat your dinner, there's kids starving in China!!!" mentality. It doesn't work in the GNR world though because we're the starving kids in China.  19

buzzsaw wrote:

No, I was the teacher in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

n4iiwn.jpg

The fan base is so splintered now that nobody can agree on anything anymore.

Its been that way for years.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I agree with Buzz. Tickets sales for a band of Guns n' Roses' stature are horrible. Let's face it their peers from back in the day(Motley Crue, Metallica, U2, AC/DC, Bon Jovi,  even Pearl Jam) still sell these venues out in minutes. Now say what you want about how it's not fair to compare but the reality is people don't give a shit about this band, ticket sales are terribly slow.  And whether people wanna admit this or not there is a large number of tickets that sell because of the Guns N' Roses name.  If they were toruing as Axl Rose I'm willing to bet ticket sales would be even half of what they are now.  In fact I can't remember who posted it but they said their friend bought tickets thinking Buckethead was in the band and that's the ONLY reason they bought tickets.  For me this isn't neagtive it's dissapointing. I'm not into the new band anymore. there was a time when I wanted it to explode and rule but now I don't. It's become such a  joke that all I really wanna see is the old band reunite.  That's what the piublic wants to. That's what everyone wants save for a few internet forum members who are dead set against it. But even they want it. 16 

Ticket sales are slow: FACT not negativity.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I've gone out of my way to say nothing...that is until people started condeming people for talking about the truth instead of toeing the company line.  They were looking for someone to take the bait, I took them up on the offer.  Why does that make me an ass?  Why doesn't it make the people doing the (master)baiting asses?

The real problem is that it's you guys living in the 90s like GnR matters today.  They don't.  I know that.  I'm not living in the 90s.  I know that this band is comepletely, completely irrelevent in pop culture today outside of being the butt of a few jokes.  And it's okay that they are.  I don't have a problem with it, but you guys do.  You don't want to accept the facts.  Too bad.  I'm glad you enjoy the band.  Really I am.  But you guys need to stop living in the 90s like anybody else cares about the band.

Lots has happened since my last post I guess. 

Here's the thing Buzz, I think it may be YOU who's stuck in the 90's.  I'm not claiming GNR is as big as they were or ever will be again.  I don't think anyone is making those claims.  BUT, YOU seem to hold the band to the standard of yesteryear, so nothing they do will ever be good enough.  They will never sell as many albums as AFD.  They will never have a monstrously successful tour like the UYI tour.  So regardless, you'll always have that card in your back pocket.  It's not as good as it once was.  That's great, you wanna live in the past, fine.  Some of us are ready to move forward.

Shows haven't sold out, fine.  Point taken.  My "problem" with the "bitching" isn't that people have no right to bitch.  If you want to bring up the fact that shows/tours have been cancelled in the PAST, great.  As far as I can tell, no future shows have been cancelled yet, so I don't see the reason to bitch YET.  When the tour kicks off, people can start complaining about setlists, sparse crowds, Axl's voice, DJ's guitar.  I just don't think the time for complaining is NOW.

That is all.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

This is Neemo's fault.  Honestly Neemo what kind of debate did you intend to create when asking "How are the shows selling this time around?" on a Guns N' Roses  forum?  16

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

You're entitled to your opinion faldor.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

This is Neemo's fault.  Honestly Neemo what kind of debate did you intend to create when asking "How are the shows selling this time around?" on a Guns N' Roses  forum?  16

I actually wasn't even referencing people complaining about ticket sales in my original post.  I was more saying it didn't make much sense to me for people to complain about the shows and setlists when they haven't even occurred yet.  I'll freely admit the shows haven't sold like wildfire.  I'm still surprised they mapped it out the way they have, but whatever.  Hope everyone who DOES go has a great time!

Board footer