You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well, that's where your opinions seem to stem from. You're the one who constantly brings up, when stating your well thought out opinions, that you don't care about the new band and all you want is a reunion, like you did in this very thread. So I can't seperate the 2 when you're the one bringing it up.

My opinions are based on the fucking clown show that this band has become. The disregard and at times contempt for their own fans, the inability to get their shit together, the complete and utter waste of talent it's become. Up untill the end of 2006 I was ALL FOR the new era of Guns N' Roses. It's when Axl clearly showed us that he doesn't give a shit that I started to loose interest in it and not care. A reunion would blow the fucking doors off anything this new band will ever be able to deliver. It's become painfully obvious that's the case but that is where my opinin ends on that matter. It doesn't infuence my ability to look at how things are now in any way. As others have mentioned this era of Gn'R is about to embark on CD world tour number............. holy fuck I've lost count.  Which means once this tour is done they'll be spent and exhausted so another year gone by with the same old song and dance.  More members will leave and new ones will come in and Axl will say how hard it is to build something up again that was once so great and blah blah blah. 

Like I said in some other thread my fascination with this band has grown purely into habit, hobby and odd curiosity. So before anyone says "Geez Bono if you hate it so much why talk about it?" That's the reason.  It's like a car crash that I can't turn away from.  I can't for the life of me fathom how something once so great could have turned into such a fucking mess. 

believe me my opinions on this band  are based on so much more than me wanting a reunion.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Bono...

You are saying you were into the band until "Axl clearly showed us that he doesn't give a shit" which I'd assume means the album release with no tour, silence and so on.

Yet you go on to say that this is CD tour number 4 and it's lame. No offence but that doesn't make sence to me - it's like you are angry when Axl does nothing, then angry when he does tour his album.

Also, while there have been many CD tours, this is one where people can pick up the album in stores after the show, it's the first proper tour of the record really.

I dont think anyone would disagree with you that there's been a litany of fuckups and errors for years, and of course a reunion would please many many people, but there's also people who enjoy the new album and are excited to see how the current line up handles the material.

Some of the critisisms of the band might be true. But it's all about timing. It's like being on your honeymoon night and someone telling you all about how one day you'll be seperated either by your own or your wife's death. It might be fucking true, but there's a time and a place to hear that shit.

This is a moment when the band has *finally* done something.

It's a thead about sales, so fine, saying sales are weak compared to prior years might be valid, but there's people posting in this thread going way beyond that and bashing everything about the band.

Even if there is some truth in the critisim, i'm saying there's a time for those issues, hell we have plenty of silent years to talk about that, but then there's a new tour happening, and it's beyond me why people wouldnt try and make the most out of it, as this tour might fuck up, but it could also be great.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

fair enough. But what I mean by sayng Axl didn't give a shit is when 2006 started and they promised the album and they went on tour it was great then as the year went on and it became increasingly obvious they had no intentions of releasing an album. By the time my 2nd and 3rd shows(1st being Hammerstien) rolled around in December I didn't want to go cause I knew I had been dupped. I bought those tickets on the assumption(promise) an album would be out and I knew they lied. I knew they used that tour as a cash crab. I aslo knew that they played the fans for fucking fools with the  "Only 20 more Tuesdays in 2006" bullshit. I don't care if that was from Merck's mouth the man in charge could've easily showed the fans some respect and said enough of that bullshit and been straight up. Their excuses for 2006 fell on my deaf ears cause let's face it there's nothing that just got in the way cause the album  didn't come out for another two years. They simply fed the fans a line and we all bought it. I lost interest in the Gn'R when it became clear they lost interest in it themselves and had zero respect for the fans.  I mean the ship for me has sunk pretty low when I don't even own  the album I wanted more than any other album.

But yes you are right there's a time and place so I'll do my best to keep "psoitive" untill the tour crosses the finish line or implodes. I do hope those who plan on going have a great time.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Wow, no Buzz you got me, I guess your "Ashba is GNR" foam finger is in the post as well?

No, but I am rooting for him

All your post about giving CD another listen demonstrated was that you, and others like you, were too quick out the starting blocks to condemn the album and that it isnt anywhere near as bad as you have been preaching for an entire year.

No, but thank you for assuming you know how I feel.  Some things aren't as bad as my first response, some were worse.  Fuck off if you can't accept that.

It didnt suprise me in the slightest, and although it was cool of you to come clean about it,  dont expect a round of applause, I'm afraid your past record precedes you. Your whole spiel this year has been deriding the album and all things new gnr, and it was irksome to say the least and hard to forget. Its no suprise people think your posts in this thread about ticket sales are just another way to piss on other peoples good time. Your faux outrage and little boy innocent act is rather amusing all the same 1622

Since I've posted less in the past year than most people that actually participate on this board, I will have to point out to you that your assumption, while childish and typical, is completely incorrect.  But since I'm going to get blamed for shit I didn't do anyway, I guess I will just go out of my way to piss on your good time exclusively.  You can thank yourself later.

No I wont, I’ll take the advice you’ve been dishing out to everyone and “Fuck off”.
This thread stinks as bad as every other one you and your cronies invade. As I’m so well versed in everything you all have to say, seeing as you ceaselessly bang out the same monotonous tune, its all became a bit too depressing for me.  I’ll take it as my cue that I should go get a life and not waste anymore of it reading your tripe.
Farewell, hope to see you see you all out on tour 9

Or not, as some of you feel the need to remind us all everyday in every thread you will not be attending because of blah blah blah...... ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ No...don't leave dude I like reading your contributions.

I think we all need to just chill out a little here.

There's many types of GNR fans and we all like things in our own way, and we all respond differently to the changes around this band....

I'm just as guilty as anyone of getting wound up in this thread, but at the end of the day it's just a thread, and we can each go back to enjoying the music our own way!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I need a break from a lot of things and freshen my life up. I'll no doubt check back to see how the Asia shows go, I'm really looking forward to them.

All the best Monkey, and to everyone!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think we're going a bit overboard with the dramatics. You don't need to leave. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say you're a valued member of this community. We're a dysfunctional family. The occasional spat is par for the course.

Time to get this thread back on track......

qx3nzl.jpg

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not trying to convince anybody that they shouldn't be excited.  As I said a couple pages ago, I'd be excited if they were coming near me and I'd be going no matter how many other people bought tickets.  Accepting the reality of the situation doesn't keep me from enjoying what I enjoy about GnR (old and new).  I don't know why it has to stop you guys...

For Olorin who thinks I only post how I would never go see the new band on a daily basis...this is the second post in this thread yesterday where I said I'd go.  I also had tickets for a show that was cancelled in 2006.  Another assumption made about me by someone who is only interested in making things up about me instead of discussing what I actually said proven wrong.

Cya once you figure out life for yourself.  All the best to you...this is just a website...you shouldn't be losing any sleep over it.

Sky Dog wrote:

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"....just had to be a dork. big_smile

As for ticket sales, the Canadian tour will be a success for me if they can average 8000 to 10,000 a night and complete the tour without any cancellations.

and ps, Buzz, sorry about calling you an asshole yesterday. I still disagree with how you make your arguments at times and don't like the timing of some of your posts, but I can live with it. Asshole no....irritating at times..yes.

Us alpha males will tend to butt heads at times. Southern boys got alot of pride and don't like to back down. 19

If I see one more U2 reference I swear to God that I'll kick Bono's ass...

See ya, Olorin! I'll be fucking off too.

Board footer