You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

I am staying out of it......just waiting for the response.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

AHHHHHh.drinking a hot cup of coffee and catching up on the last 24 hours of gnr evo.........

these threads are a lot like a soap opera
you can miss a lot in a day but, in reality, you haven't really missed anything at all

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

U2 and Metallica are probably the biggest bands in the world that came out in the last 30 years. and probably the best in terms their impact and influence.

but my personal favorite band is GnR. Their influence and impact is huge, and they absolutely deserve to be mentioned in the same catoegory as those other bands.

the fact that the haters compare GnR to these bands (and other legends) proves that point. (Afterall, let's be honest, i love a band like Weezer as much as anybody, but it would just be unfair to compare them to a U2 or metallica. whereas comparing GnR to those bands actually makes sense.)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
war wrote:

you can miss a lot in a day but, in reality, you haven't really missed anything at all

That should be our slogan.

Back to U2 again? 16 Not only that, but bold statements saying GNR are bigger? 16 Is that meant as bait to raise Bono's blood pressure? 16

U2 were selling millions of records and selling out stadiums before GNR existed, and they're selling millions of records and selling out stadiums now. They never skipped a beat. Name me one band besides the Stones and U2 that have been selling out stadiums for 30 years.

U2 isn't "in some dark corner down the hall".

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
sandman wrote:

but my personal favorite band is GnR. Their influence and impact is huge, and they absolutely deserve to be mentioned in the same catoegory as those other bands.

I agree, but GNR's window in that league was very small compared to those bands. If people are going to belittle U2's legacy, what does that say about GNR?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Cya once you figure out life for yourself.  All the best to you...this is just a website...you shouldn't be losing any sleep over it.

There are no hard feelings from me to you, or to anyone I’ve crossed swords with here. I’m burned out, depressed and the forums are no source of pleasure for me anymore. I’m taking a vacation from the boards, permanent or not I dunno, and limiting my time online in general in favour of more productive, stimulating and healthy pastimes.

But one step at a time - I have a joint rolled, a gin and tonic poured and the new Classic Rock The Wall 30th Anniversary Edition ready to be devoured, so to everyone take care and toodle-oo for noo.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
sandman wrote:

I agree, but GNR's window in that league was very small compared to those bands. If people are going to belittle U2's legacy, what does that say about GNR?

who is belittling U2's legacy? that would just be silly.

yes, gnr has not been releasing music and touring as consistently as those other bands. and those bands deserve ALOT of credit for maintaining that level of success for so long.

but the fact that GnR still deserves to be mentioned with them speaks volumes for how great they are. is the Doors and Nirvana's "greatness" impacted becuase they were only touring for a few years?

and while we're on this topic, anyone have worldwide sales figures for U2's latest album?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

If I see one more U2 reference I swear to God that I'll kick Bono's ass...

See ya, Olorin! I'll be fucking off too.

Well tough shit for you I guess cause every time I post my username shows up along with a picture of Bono himself.  So I guess now you're gonna have to try and kick my ass. 14 Gotta love those kinds of comments over the internet.  You can usually link them to the little big man syndrom.

It's a Beautiful Day Handsome B. Wonerful. Don't let it get away!!!

misterID wrote:

Olorin don't vanish, dude. It really is like a family here. If I fucked off everytime bono told me to I'd never get back on the internet.

buzz, axlin and bono are good guys.  16

14 So true.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

not to stir shit r anything.. but i reckon Guns are a far bigger band than either Metallica or U2!
granted sales figures and, in a general sense, current popularity illustrate this isn't the case. but what Guns have done (and i'm including CD in this) will have left a more profound and lasting impact - when we're long dead n gone (or reborn..) Guns will reside in the elite pantheon of rock n roll. metallica'll & U2 will be down the hall somewhere. U2'll probably be hidden away in some dark corner for being too embarrassing..

my point is.. you dig the sound? what's the big deal about anything else?? sales mean dick. the tunes, the truth, is what we should be judging them on.
but at the same time it is interesting to know how ticket sales are doing..

1416:laugh::haha::ummm::ummm::lol::laugh::haha:

Oh my God did I just read that?  I'm not even gonna bother cause literally I have no idea where to start and once I did I'd never finish.  Without a doubt one of the most hilarious posts I've ever read.

madagas wrote:

I am staying out of it......just waiting for the response.

I assume that was in reference to me. Sorry if my response let ya down but I'm litterally speechless after reading that 16

Board footer