You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

James wrote:
sandman wrote:

who is belittling U2's legacy? that would just be silly.

Go back a page. 16

and while we're on this topic, anyone have worldwide sales figures for U2's latest album?

Six million. If it hadn't had disappointing sales here in the U.S., would have easily topped 10 million already. The singles didn't catch on, which played a huge role in those sales figures.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

there will be some seriously holier than thou strutting motherfuckers in here when the ticket sales finally get published. Some of you are pissin' so high you'll wet your own heads soon.

Like me, I think Buzz see's GNR much like a parent would a child who showed great promise early in life only to disappear up his own ass and fuck it all up in his twenties. You will always love them for the joy they gave you in the past and the memories you will have but you don't recognise them or feel empathy for them now.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i think madagas was more saying "oh boy" to the fact that mr divney seems to think that GnR are currently a "bigger band" than U2 and Metallica...i mena aside from People on the stage gnr is bigger, but as far as popularity and drawing power...not a snowballs chance...in 91-93...without a doubt...in 2009? not so much

Oh yeah, I understand what he was saying. I was kind of agreeing in a way. To me, GNR is a way bigger band than U2. Probably not to the rest of the world, but to me definitely.

I liked U2 -specifically -with or without you, and that era songs but
I'd rather be at a gnr concert if given the choice-you never know what the hell is going to happen! U2 doesn't have that edginess (no pun intended).
And there again it is mentioned how even U2 didn't have the sales in the US, seems other countries have much better taste in music than the US does at present, personally I blame clear channel whose intent is to brainwash people into thinking that hannah fucking Montana and the Jonas brothers are "real" rock (gag).
Fortunately all of us aren't sheep-and can easily discern the difference.
As for Metallica? I lost a lot of respect when they were hearded around by the god-awful "some kind of..." and don't much care for the way Jason Newsted was treated. To me "Death.Magnetic." sounds like a metallica cover band doing Metallica. St.Anger was fucked as well, Load and reload? Give me a break!
I'd rather see GNR than either U2 or Metallica..I'd rather even see
Dream Theater! Portnoy is spot on a phenominon-Petrucchi ain't a slouch either, and Ironically they Also do better overseas than here in the US.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
sandman wrote:

Go back a page. 16

and while we're on this topic, anyone have worldwide sales figures for U2's latest album?

Six million. If it hadn't had disappointing sales here in the U.S., would have easily topped 10 million already. The singles didn't catch on, which played a huge role in those sales figures.

are you actually being serious? if the album sold 4 MILLILON more records in the U.S. it would have EASILY topped 10M? seriously, were you just purposely being sarcastic?

i hope you are because you are always really quick to paint a picture of doom and gloom for GnR, so it would be really hypocritical of you to do the total opposite for U2.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
sandman wrote:

are you actually being serious? if the album sold 4 MILLILON more records in the U.S. it would have EASILY topped 10M? seriously, were you just purposely being sarcastic?

i hope you are because you are always really quick to paint a picture of doom and gloom for GnR, so it would be really hypocritical of you to do the total opposite for U2.

All previous U2 albums sold like hotcakes here. Best Buy could barely keep their last album in stock.

How many GNR albums the past 10 years sold like hotcakes? With U2, you only have to go back a few years for an example. With GNR, you gotta go back to the pre-internet days.

Atomic Bomb sold 10 million, 3 of that which was in the U.S. No Line is at 6 million, with 1 of that in the U.S. Not sure why you think that wouldn't have been repeated with a better 1st single.

Downloaders didn't cause No Line to stagnate. Get On Your Boots did.

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
sandman wrote:

Go back a page. 16

which is just like another catalog artist we know?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
sandman wrote:

All previous U2 albums sold like hotcakes here. Best Buy could barely keep their last album in stock.

How many GNR albums the past 10 years sold like hotcakes? With U2, you only have to go back a few years for an example. With GNR, you gotta go back to the pre-internet days.

Atomic Bomb sold 10 million, 3 of that which was in the U.S. No Line is at 6 million, with 1 of that in the U.S. Not sure why you think that wouldn't have been repeated with a better 1st single.

Downloaders didn't cause No Line to stagnate. Get On Your Boots did.

First off, record sales are WAY DOWN overall.  I know the popular theory was that U2 would prove that to not be the case.  Well, they didn't.  They haven't sold nearly as well as they have in the past.  Was there a better choice for a lead single?  I haven't listened to the album, so I wouldn't know.  If there is, would it really have made a difference of 4 million albums, almost doubling the overall sales?  I think not.

Sky Dog wrote:

nothing

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If he wants to Use His Disillusion, that's his choice.

What are my illusions and disillusions exactly?

faldor wrote:

I'm choosing to remain positive that GNR is going on tour for what could be a lengthy amount of time.

faldor wrote:

I'm choosing not to expect the doom and gloom that Baz will suck

faldor wrote:

Not sure what's so delusional about that.

Self explanatory. 16

faldor wrote:

GNR will play the same exact setlist as in 2006 each and every night, the tour will implode after 4 shows and riots will commence, or the tour won't even get off the ground to begin with.

This is not delusional. This is simply an expectation of past FACTUAL occurances. Saying that GN'R might have a tour implode is not negative. It's like saying Florida might have a Hurricane hit from June through November each year. It's always possible.

Anyways, you choose to be positive. Great for you, hope it gives you all the love and happiness in the world. But i'm the divorced wife that was cheated on from the whole thing. I know how Axl is, and he broke me years ago. That's all. 19

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

You're simply not proving anything to me Axlin.  You can keep trying if you wish though.

Board footer