You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Wasn't sure where to share this so I thought I'd just put in here about ticket sales:

Yesterday my Mom and I took my son on a trip to see my brother. I should also mention that my mother is extremely religious. I posted recently about how she stopped me from buying UYI because of the bad language on them, etc. It was a long drive so many subjects came up.

One of which was my plan to go see Guns N' Roses in January. I shit you not, I just got a voicemail this morning warning me to reconsider. She told me that Axl Rose stands for everything that God is against.

Just wanted to share, lol

Lol...Axl IS anti-christ...I'm actually more inclined to believe that than most of the BS in this thread.

Or maybe Axl is nu-God...or God is a soon to be member of nu-Gn'R

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Wasn't sure where to share this so I thought I'd just put in here about ticket sales:

Yesterday my Mom and I took my son on a trip to see my brother. I should also mention that my mother is extremely religious. I posted recently about how she stopped me from buying UYI because of the bad language on them, etc. It was a long drive so many subjects came up.

One of which was my plan to go see Guns N' Roses in January. I shit you not, I just got a voicemail this morning warning me to reconsider. She told me that Axl Rose stands for everything that God is against.

Just wanted to share, lol

Lol...Axl IS anti-christ...I'm actually more inclined to believe that than most of the BS in this thread.

Or maybe Axl is nu-God...or God is a soon to be member of nu-Gn'R

It funny. I think she's still going on whatever she saw on MTV between 1987 and 1991.

It's pretty clear to me that your mom is obviously a Slashite.  16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axlin:

The only thing Dave Navarro blows, or used to, is Carmen Electra's pussy.

Lame. tongue

Slash owns him on guitar.

And Mustaine owns Slash.

That's your opinion, and my opinion says your opinion blows, but that's all matter of opinion 16

But seriously, Dave is one of the greatest guitarists I've ever heard. I'd take him over Slash and Mustaine any day.

So did metal, so guess Metallica get credit for nothing. So did hard rock, so Guns N' Roses was a bunch of unoriginal copycats.

10 I have no idea where this comment came from. I think you brought this in from some other conversation.

Umm, maybe the fact that the grunge format dominated alt. rock radio in the early 90's?

There's no such thing as Grunge. It was made up by the media. Most of those bands were metal and hard rock, ie: Alice and Soundgarden. The only one that could be labled alternative is Nirvana, but they were much more "pop" oriented than the any other alt rock band. The real alt rock band out of that Seattle scene were the The Melvins.

Or maybe the fact that the WORLD, and HISTORY has written him down as THE ICON of that entire genre and era of rock music.

That's not a GN'R fan thing. That's a MUSIC HISTORY thing.

No, people always bring up Kurt and "grunge" because it was a silly feud between Axl and Kurt and it turned into "us" against "them." And it comes down to 2 groups of people who dislike each other. You can't compare the 2 bands. There's really no other reason to keep bringing up Kurt. Even though I know a lot of people blame Nirvana for a lot of shit GNR did to themselves.

And for the record, as an alt rock fan since 1987 (back when it really started back in 84-85) the alt rock crowd never really took Kurt serious. They called them Pixie wannabes. I remember this very well. I gave them more credit than that, but it was Nirvana's impact on pop music, not alternative rock, and their accesibility that made them something special.

No they ain't. Not by a long shot. Although I will say the filler does indeed hurt UYI I & II's ability to compete with other albums of the same time period.

Yes, because of the filler, as a stand alone album, Ritual and BSSM are far better albums than UYI. And I bet Axl would agree.

Sky Dog wrote:

alternative rock started off as college rock from the early to mid 80's....the biggest alt rock bands around 85 when I was in college in Athens were REM, U2, and The Replacements....all three dominated college radio. Then, the Pixies came along in 87, Sonic Youth, Husker Du, some others and alt rock took off. Metallica was fueling the metal scene. AFD and Jane's Addiction blew up in 88 which also helped flame the fire for the Seattle scene. Alt rock, college rock, metal, punk...whatever, it was the last great period for hard rock. By 94-95, it was over.....except for some random acts like Tool. I am depressed now. sad

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Ive said it for years. GNR are my favorite band of all time and i can accept that things happen and Axl moved on without the old band.

The periods of nothing make it hard to accept Axl's vision. I am spinning a big time broken record but if the old band were truly holding Axl back and making him miserable and he gets a new band and tours the world, releases music consistently and is active, I'd never have a negative word to say.

The fact he got what he wanted and yet does very little with it, frustrates me to no end.

I want to be positive, i want to support this band, i want to support Axl, but its a shame what has happened to one of the greatest,biggest, most legendary bands of all time.

Poison sell more fucking tickets than this.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

At this point, why doesn't Izzy get a call to replace Fortus perminately?

They're a club band again.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Not sure if this was posted:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, there will not be an Ultimate fan package on the Guns N’ Roses tour in January 2010.

You have two options:

Option 1: Keep your Toronto general admission ticket(s) only. We will refund the difference between the ticket price ($87.32 USD, at today’s exchange rate) and the package price ($207.68 USD per package), to the credit card used to make your purchase. Your ticket will be available at the box office on the day of the show. There is no priority access.

Option 2: Choose a full refund and cancel your order entirely. We will refund your order to the credit card used to make your purchase.

Please note it may take 5-10 business days to credit to your account.

Please let us know your preference by Friday November 20th, 2009 at 5pm Pacific time via e-mail to info@iloveallaccess.com, or simply reply to this e-mail. If we do not hear from you by this time, we will process option 1 for you.

Please include your order ID number and attendee name on the order when you reply.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow. The band cant even get a 'meet and greet' together without fucking it up.

At least this was canceled long before any shows.

Board footer