You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: Check out this new rumor

Abbey_Road wrote:

Who was it who said all recording was done in February?  I don't think BBF is still doing parts.

So if this rumor is true, then are we to believe that what is holding up the album is a $$$ issue?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I don't think this is anything new... it's speculation... similar theories have been floating around for years.

Just a question though... why would Axl have to approve the marketing budget?  Isn't promotion and advertising done by the record company?  Isn't that the point of the record company?  Why invest millions of dollars into the album and then allow the musician to control the advertising budget?  Axl's not a businessman, he's a singer.  The people at the record company are business people.  They're the ones who decide where to spend the money.

I agree with James, this person is clearly trying to sell the story at the beginning with all the preamble about being an old long-time fan who doesn't post.  If you don't post, why are you posting this?  It's not really news worthy.  Not to mention... she wants us to write to GNR's label demanding the album... She failed to even provide an email address or the name of GNR's label... the story has more BS than the farm near James's house.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

You know, i think there is some insight buried deep inside the bs of this article.

For one, marketting strategies are not usually negotiated until they have a firm product done.  I am sure they have negotiated marketing before now, but it is very possible they are doing it again, seeing as it's a new year, so they do have to keep the marketing strategies relevant to really make an impact.

The one thing i don't get is Universal not doing a large scale promotion, it just doesn't make sense.  Why not shove this album down the consumer's throats to boost sales as much as humanly possible? 

However, there could also be found some truth (slight chance, i know). Axl stated in his letter that they would do an 8 week, full scale promotion for this record.  So what is Universal turned down Axl's propositions?   

Just a thought really.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Really Acekicken, I didn't catch BBF saying that, although I was on hold for the whole show and cut off for a bit and had to call back 4.      Working on the solo album I totally know he is doing.
I know from BBF himself that his tracks were done along time ago.

I have it in my files. How it came out was  Sebastian
Received a text from Axl & it said tell Eddie that the reason
for the delay is Bumble foot has not fish his tracks.

Then of course it goes to a lot of joking
Bumble say's well you know the post office is about 5 mins from
my house I don't have time to drive them over or you know may be when they
call it Guns "n" Bumble I will  He said he Blames Merck   

There is a lot of joking going on so maybe it's not true maybe
it's 1/2 true either way it was said Im listening to it now.

yea I'm pretty sure the whole BBF delaying Chinese was a joke.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Here's why this story is BS. He says he is too old for message boards and is a first-time poster yet knows all the internet slang: Flamers, lol!, etc.

Besides, it's too convenient.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

reading comprehension....she is a lurker and says so...people love to read bits and pieces of things

"yes, i am also a first time poster. as you can guess, i am a bit too old for message boards and only logged on to get news, never to chat or rant or whatever. but i've been coming here since this site was around. "   

alot of people are like that. I wish I would have stayed that way. In the end, the reason doesn't matter...we still get fucked and still get no information from a proper source about what is going on.:flame:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

alot of people are like that. I wish I would have stayed that way.

16 I'm surprised someone else feels the same. I also feel that way at times. I lurked at HTGTH off and on for years. Signed up in 02 or early 03(forgot exactly when) and deleted my account not long after. Signed up in 2004 as my partying life was winding down, and got really active in the community. I couldn't imagine leaving now because I know quite a few people and its become a habit just like smoking.

If I am ever stranded on an island, give me some cigs, pills, either coffee or soda, and a computer and I'll probably make it.:haha:

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Horrific wrote:

I dont know what to think of this could be true could be bs.Why cant we just get some real proper info on the situation(from GnR camp preferably)

Board footer