You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Check out this new rumor

It's not that far fetched to be honest but I still think it's a load of BS. As someone else said why fork 13 mil into a project and then jeapordize their chances of recouping that money by not investing in promotion, doesn't make sense.

Does she really think proper journalists are going to stop what they are doing and cause a huge fuss because some forum geeks emailed them to say Axl hasn't released CD because the label won't pay for advertising. 16 Someone should try and call that girl back to earth.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

to post on message boards....:nervous: it is fairly obvious what she means but it still doesn't lend credibility to her either way.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Don't even waste your time trying to pick it apart.  This is no different than any of the other BS posts.  Someone is an attention whore.  What else is new?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

a bit to old for message boards but her boyfreinds dad is still working? hmm 16

anyway its crap, as BS stated i doubt axl would be involved in a marketing budget....how would he even know where to begin with marketing? i didnt realize artists  dealt with that stuff....

I'm still sticking to my guns that the delay is a problem with management, Axl wants to self manage and Geffen wants to have one of their guys behind the band

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

As much as I would like to see the troops rallied and us calling / harrassing the record company.  I think the story is bs.  But who's to say we shouldnt start harassing the record company anyway?  17

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

this is crap, there's a very easy solution for it.
if Axl demands mega bucks for marketing and promotion, the record company could easily say that they will foot the bill each time a component is completed, and pay suppliers directly, as opposed to handing over cash to him to manage.

so, as the cover gets done, they pay for it....as the booklet gets done, they pay for it, as the video concept and costs come through, they pay for it....

its not marketing cash that they're arguing about, its something much larger.....unless Axl is planning on launching this thing on the moon, in which case they should tell him to fuck off....

AtariLegend wrote:

Beware of false prophets with multiple accounts...

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'm not convinced. My money's on the fat kid who heard C.D. in Axl's car.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer