You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Check out this new rumor

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
elmir wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I'd be very shocked if it not done

really?
you would be?

i wouldn't.
as a matter of fact, i wouldn't even be surprised, let alone shocked....

if the album is not in the shops, packaged, and sold....its not finished....simple...for as long as its sitting on someone's desk, collecting dust, waiting for whatever agreement to happen or some or other future member to add his part to it.....its not finished....

believing in all these statements about it being mixed and mastered and finalized is really just clutching at straws because we have nothing else to give us hope...

in reality...the album will be finished, when you see it in a music store....when they do reviews about it, when they do interviews about it....and when they do a tour to promote it....

until then...its not finished.

stop torturing yourself like this.

Can I get an amen?

well i was referring to the recording parts..but you're right. technically its not "done" until its released.

everything points to the recording being finished though...and with so many people saying the same thing i'm inclined to believe it.

yes its all hearsay, sure, but i guess it just depends on how cynical you are towards Axl and the people surrounding him and GnR 19

Sky Dog wrote:

in reference to my earlier post about missing an opportunity this holiday season...there isn't really that many big rock releases-he had a chance.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071201/mus … olidays_dc

"Merchants cited the lack of hit releases as the main reason for the decline. "If the labels had put out a new hit CD for the week, sales might not be down so much," Newbury Comics head of purchasing Carl Mello said. "You have to put something out to get people to buy music."

Mello wasn't the only merchant feeling frustrated by the release schedule.

"I can't remember a Thanksgiving that didn't have any superstar releases on the Tuesday before," Value Music president Rob Perkins said.":flame::flame::flame:

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i guess it just depends on how cynical you are

very.
at this point.....very cynical...so much so, that if the whole fucking thing leaked tomorrow, i wouldn't even bother to put my machine on, let alone waste bandwidth on downloading it....instead, i'd wait for shit to settle down, and then copy it off someone who downloaded it already....

I'm a very forgiving and loyal fan, but enough is enough....

...getting housekeepers and never-has-been rock stars to do your PR to people like us, who have more passion, forgiveness and knowledge about gnr than anyone else out there is fucking insulting...rude, and arrogant...

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
madagas wrote:

in reference to my earlier post about missing an opportunity this holiday season...there isn't really that many big rock releases-he had a chance.

they should cancel more dates in developing countries like Africa and South America next time round....i cannot believe that there isn't one person with half a brain cell at Universal who could realise this....

Countries in the developed world (US, Europe, Australia) are experiencing slow sales.....whereas, in Africa, South America, Korea, Russia, where internet piracy is still in its infancy stages due to high bandwidth costs, it is so much cheaper to actually buy a cd than it is to download it....

Baz shifted 6.000 odd units in the States....in the USA....the world's biggest economy....the world's biggest market....its where fucking everything comes from....from America....

A shitty ass plastic rock band from Johannesburg shifts 45.000 units of their shitty ass album in its first week of release, in a market which is about 0.0000001% large when compared to the one in the states....

fucking britney spears moves 200.000 records down here....still to this day....in a country where piracy is huuuge....and Africa is big on piracy....some or other gospel act got an award last year for selling 450.000 units in a space of six months...

next time these guys go on tour...they should get someone who actually knows something to recommend, manage and advise on issues like these...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

"Merchants cited the lack of hit releases as the main reason for the decline. "If the labels had put out a new hit CD for the week, sales might not be down so much," Newbury Comics head of purchasing Carl Mello said. "You have to put something out to get people to buy music."

"I can't remember a Thanksgiving that didn't have any superstar releases on the Tuesday before," Value Music president Rob Perkins said.":flame::flame::flame:

Yeah, thats a huge missed opportunity, but its par for the GNR course.

I highly doubt it comes out in Feb like many are speculating. U2 and Metallica have releases coming in early 08. While GNR could compete with Metallica, U2 would blow CD right out of the water. Also REM and a few others have albums coming in early 08.

Put your summer hats on. Have a fall hat on standby.

Its a never ending cycle.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well if last year is any indication, the label is in no rush to release this album, they've waited so long at this point, they are gonna make sure everything is perfect....if, of course, you believe that the alum is completely finished and its only negotiations which is holding it up

I actually do believe the album is done, I do think that is something between the record co and GNR.

Do I believe rumor no, especially in the way that it was presented.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Jameslofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

Yeah, thats a huge missed opportunity, but its par for the GNR course.

I highly doubt it comes out in Feb like many are speculating. U2 and Metallica have releases coming in early 08. While GNR could compete with Metallica, U2 would blow CD right out of the water. Also REM and a few others have albums coming in early 08.

Put your summer hats on. Have a fall hat on standby.

Its a never ending cycle.

Yep, you can throw Greenday into the mixing pot as well, their new album is supposedly out in 08 and will almost certainly chart at number 1 whenever it's released.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer