You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: jarmos myspace page

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

u know, i was thinking about this the other day and honestly, i can't blame the guy. how many of u here in all honesty, can say, that if u got a PM from Beta or Fernando or whomever inside the GNR camp inviting u to go on world tours on their dime etc,but all u had to do was be positive and not post any negative shit, wouldn't do it?

Go on tour and have the time of my life with my favorite band, see the world, go to killer parties, maybe have a giant orgy with hot ass groupies or look "cool" and keep my E-Rep in strong standing by not selling out my internet integrity to impress people i don't know or will never know in real life...

hmmmmm

i think im gonna go on tour with the band. Fuck Slash LOL!

Just show me where to sign.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Id be a dirty,greasy, GNR machine whore

id of course just rename all the VR and Slash songs on my Ipod. LOL

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
faldor wrote:

Just because you'd do it too doesn't make the discussions on his website any more engaging.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Gong wrote:
faldor wrote:

Just because you'd do it too doesn't make the discussions on his website any more engaging.

No but, like D said, I know what the site is all about and I accept that.  If I want to discuss other things that I know probably won't be allowed to, there are plenty of other places for me to go to.  That's why I'm on here so often.

I didn't like the way he was running HTGTH so I just don't go to that site anymore, I don't go around making up shit about anyone just because of the way they run their website. What some people seem to not understand that HTGTH is Jarmo's website, he can do whatever he wants, I don't agree with the way he deletes people's opinions about things, but there are other sites out there that do the exact same thing.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:

I didn't like the way he was running HTGTH so I just don't go to that site anymore, I don't go around making up shit about anyone just because of the way they run their website. What some people seem to not understand that HTGTH is Jarmo's website, he can do whatever he wants, I don't agree with the way he deletes people's opinions about things, but there are other sites out there that do the exact same thing.

Exactly.  That's why I don't get why people are always bitching with him and at him over there.  What the hell does that accomplish?  If you don't like how he runs the site, go somewhere else.  There are plenty of GNR fansites and message boards to visit.  I know he's turned people off over the years and he seems to be fine with that.  So let it be.  I still find it a pretty good place to gather information.  I just know some things are off limits.  I don't think it's asking too much to respect that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I know that how a website operates, and even statements by band members on these sites or on their Twitter or Facebook accounts do not reflect on my love for them.

I know, like myself and everyone here, I offord them the same respect that they are most likely ALOT different in real life, than on the internet. The internet is not even your representative, it's almost your boxing-like promoter. 98% shtick is the average poster.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Like D says, who can blame him for it? I would sell my ass the day Axl calls me and says "change your website into a propoganda machine, and I'll take you on tour around the world".

I would do it in a second, and everyone else would too.

But that doesn't mean I can get a good laugh at how he operates his website with his arrogance and propoganda ways of doing things.

When you get power, you immediately gets pulled in different ways, with these people having their own agendas, desperately wanting your support because they know how much online-power you got. And online-power actually IS a big fucking deal.

Because of my position and troublemaking-ways a few years ago, I had the new lead singer of a band sit down with me and a mate for like an hour sucking up to us, trying to get us to "approve" him. Online crap is a big fucking deal.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
DCK wrote:

Because of my position and troublemaking-ways a few years ago, I had the new lead singer of a band sit down with me and a mate for like an hour sucking up to us, trying to get us to "approve" him. Online crap is a big fucking deal.

spilled+the+beans.jpg

Spill the beans of gtfo 16

Honestly though, fill us in. Was it Nightwish or one of those Metal Bands from your part of the world?

Id love to see one of those tough hard men as they really are all the bravado aside

BLS-Pride wrote:

People still care about this guy and his site?

I care and I care a lot ! He's provided legit entertainment value for me for years. In fact i feel like I owe him for the countless hours of side splitting laughter I've gotten out of him. If I ever meet that guy I'm takng him out to dinner and if he plays his cards right he might even get a kiss at the end of the night

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Honestly though, fill us in. Was it Nightwish or one of those Metal Bands from your part of the world?

It was a melodic metal band yeah, but not as big as Nightwish. Most people haven't heard of them. They got into the Billboard lists in the late 80's and did well in Japan. Their guitarist has been awarded several "best guitarist in the world" awards. I think he got one in 1989. Singer known to have extreme vocal abilities. The previous one. They were managed by the same people that managed Motley Crue and Bon Jovi back then, getting third place in their priorities. With maniacs with Crue around, they never became a top priority. Doc McGhee I think...same as GNR got now.

I use the same nick here as I did at my board. Even the same picture. That board is dead though, no one really cares anymore, but it was fun while it lasted.

I'm good online-friends with the ex-singer though. Really nice guy. It's fucking cool to see your name in the "thank you" section of a CD booklet, let me tell you. No wonder Jarmo gets a little arrogant.  It does shit to your brain to see it there.

But honestly, If I was to spill the beans on it all, it would really require a lot of typing, but I'll see if I can sum up some of it.

Their official board closed up around 2005 for some reason. I think the ex-singers friend designed and owned it and jumped ship when the singer left. I jumped in and filled that void quickly, working a lot like HTGTH, being an official unofficial forum.

Things started to happen. Suddenly I got messages from the bass player giving me his phone number for no specific reason. When the official forum opened up again, I was pretty harsh on things and I took the ex singers side in most deals. He never asked me to, but he really wanted me to help him out, trying to set things straight. I was happy to do my part.

For example, the band re-did one of their greatest hits into a semi-rap song without telling the ex singer who wrote the lyrics about it. He was not pleased when he found out his lyrics had turned into wife beating and snorting cocaine. Most of all, he was pissed because it was me who gave him the news, not the band. That happened a lot of times.

One really stupid deal happened when the ex singer wanted to reply sharply to some bullshit uttered by the guy who designed their album covers on the official forum. He wrote down a reply and wanted me to post it in my name, leaving him out of it. I had to change stuff on it, because if I had posted it straight out, everyone would have known it came from him and not me. I regretted it later, because it was just dumb.

The album cover designer was one weird cat. We made some fun of him at my board and he went bananas. At a show I attended, me and my mate were basically threatened by his drunk girlfriend. At one point she refused to give up her daughters name, thinking we would go after her next, in our crusade to bully him and his family.

The guitar player always smoked a shit load of pot. It was an unwritten rule in the community never to speak of it publicly. We didn't give a shit and went straight into it, discussing it. The guitar player got pissed off and made one of his guys post crap on my site. A few months later, he released a book where he spoke openly about his drug use. Talk about double standards.

So, there was a great void between my board where we gave our support to the ex singer and the bands official forum. The new singer came in, no idea what he was getting himself into, and invited me and my friend over to a hotel for a talk before a mini concert. He let me listen to the new album they made with him singing in his hotel room. All of it. He was really putting it on, and it did work for awhile. I got more positive, but it wore off quickly. The album was a pile of shit.

All in all, with forum moderating comes great power if you're at the right place at the right time. You can develop friendship with childhood heroes and actually have an influence on things. For example, the ex singer wanted to do a retrospective album with old songs and turned to me for help to gather up a list over the fans choices. The album will be out soon, and lots of the songs on it are there due to my work.

My friend was pretty young when all this shit went down, not being more than barely 20. He suffers mentally to this day. I think it made him turn to Lilly Allen and Lady Gaga instead of melodic metal.

Board footer