You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: jarmos myspace page

Stepvhen wrote:

^^ Wow amazing story, thanks for that. Sounds like your friend has been through a rough time

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I think he took it very serious. More than me anyway.

Sometimes, or most times, these people are low educated street-wise people. It especially goes with the hangers-on. You're not dealing with Ph.D's. It can be really fucking immature stuff. Lost of agendas and battles "to look the best" in public, not trying to loose face. And God forbid if you don't like their new album.

If GNR and their hangers-on are anything like *my* band, they most likely despise GNREvolution and our "constant negativity". I can almost hear them whine.

So, since Jarmo did get his tours and connections, he most likely played their game to the fullest. It gives you advantages like no other.

My guy knows Ron Thal, and as nice as he (the singer) is, he mailed me straight after meeting Ron in NY. Ron had told him Chinese Democracy was coming for real. This was during the negotiation-period I think. I already knew it was, but it was a strong confirmation since it came from a conversation between two musicians and friends.

Just an example.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

^^ Again wow what an insight. And for the record I read somewhere that Ron Thal shares 88% of his DNA with Jesus. big_smile

DCK

DCK wrote:

Ron is like the college professor made rock star. He's an odd example of brains and music skills combined.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Trust me from personal experience, when you join a band or become an artist yourself, you see the world through an entirely different pair of glasses.

This happened to me recently, and it definitely caused me to pull way back on the negativity towards the business moves of GN'R, and start being a bit more understanding and supportive.

However, it's a thin line. Where do you stop being supportive, and become dishonest? I think that's where GN'R Evo is at. This is not a negative place. It's an honest place. It's not a haters site. When it becomes that, i'm sure alot of people will leave.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Oh yeah, that line between negativity and honesty is really fucking thin.

Usually, GNRevo is an honest place, sometimes it gets too negative and goes over the top with analyzing things going on. But it is the best place to debate GNR.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah for me the honesty is the most important part.

Like if the band does something odd, like if Dizzy started fucking a giant blow up rabbit duuring november rain one night or something, I want to be able to read about it, without a guy like Jarmo deciding for me what I can and can't talk or know about.

Likewise it's interesting to know people's views about the music and the band both positive and negative, as long as it's honest, and well-thought out and expressed in some useful way.

Although I do think sometimes we get carried away, as at the end of the day, as long a history as fans as we all have, most of us don't actually personally know the people involved with the band.

Board footer