You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: jarmos myspace page

Abbey_Road wrote:

I think we all can agree that HTGTH has gone downhill as far as GNR message boards go.  A shame really.  There used to be a lot of good discussions/debates on there. 

Glad this one opened up.

Like I said, I noticed a lot of people have left HTGTH. 

To be told you are not a fan just because you like VR all while still liking the current incarnation of GNR is just dumb.

And Jarmo has done the above to a lot of posters at that board.

I actually appreciate the pro-current lineup status of HTGTH.   No other board really gives that.

Abbey_Road

Abbey_Road wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I actually appreciate the pro-current lineup status of HTGTH.   No other board really gives that.

I like them as well.  But Jarmo's attitude towards posters is unprofessional.  And he does troll the VR section and harass posters.  First he moved the VR section.  But for him to treat people unprofessionally in there isn't cool.  Also, he has a very weird obsession with pointing out errors in Slash's book and actually appears to me to take pleasure in making Slash look decietful which is crazy. 

No one in original GNR was honest.  I think we can all drum up examples of stuff said that changed due to cirumstances surrounding it.  But to be obsessed like he is to make Slash look bad is just crazy.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I really don't understand some people.  Jarmo runs his forum the way he wants, big deal.  It's the internet, don't take it so personally.  I don't understand why people go to such foolish lengths to poke fun at people they have never met.  It's so juvenile.

I met jarmo but I didnt make that page. I just found it amusing. And Jarmo is a nazi the way he runs his site. He deletes posts and bans anyone that doesnt have his POV.

I wasn't accusing you of making the site, I just think it's ridiculous.

nugdafied wrote:

Years ago, HTGTH was my introduction to GNR fansites. This was before VR, before the VMA fiasco & while I was still genuinly interested in what Axl was up to. So I register & was just flabbergasted to see all these miniBeta's just discrediting everything the originals had done. I mean, there was kids, lots of them, who obviously thought Axl was GNR. That he had written every lyric, told the others what notes to play & basically was the alltime greatest human being......ever. I've seen people start threads there asking if anyone thought Axl had ever tried drugs!  I guess I just always found that site amusing & at the end of the day, that's what all these sites are for anyways. It was great to see all these kids, who weren't even around to experience the GNR hysteria, posting as if they had managed the band & knew firsthand what had actually gone on. This post isn't slamming Axl, it's just describing my HTGTH experience. Because, as anyone who was around in the late 80's knows, no one in GNR was a humanitarian or standup guy. That's what helped make them the worlds greatest Rn'R band.

Abbey_Road

Abbey_Road wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

Years ago, HTGTH was my introduction to GNR fansites. This was before VR, before the VMA fiasco & while I was still genuinly interested in what Axl was up to. So I register & was just flabbergasted to see all these miniBeta's just discrediting everything the originals had done. I mean, there was kids, lots of them, who obviously thought Axl was GNR. That he had written every lyric, told the others what notes to play & basically was the alltime greatest human being......ever. I've seen people start threads there asking if anyone thought Axl had ever tried drugs!  I guess I just always found that site amusing & at the end of the day, that's what all these sites are for anyways. It was great to see all these kids, who weren't even around to experience the GNR hysteria, posting as if they had managed the band & knew firsthand what had actually gone on. This post isn't slamming Axl, it's just describing my HTGTH experience. Because, as anyone who was around in the late 80's knows, no one in GNR was a humanitarian or standup guy. That's what helped make them the worlds greatest Rn'R band.

Tell that to Jarmo who obviously thinks he's in Guns n' Roses now.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

WTF? Negative reputation for saying that the topic should be locked and the URL removed? Bit harsh isn't it 14

I thought all forums had an unspoken rule that bashing of other forums/admins was not condoned?

I'm not a fan of Hell myself, deleted my account a few weeks ago after reading the "Errors in Slashs Book" thread, but I wouldn't feel the need to create a myspace page dedicated to Jarmo just to bash him. I also disagree that such a page should be promoted. I'm not a fan of how Jarmo runs his site these days but I have a lot more respect for him than I ever will for a couple of idiots who take 10 minutes to make a shitty myspace page.

I'm not convinced the EatMySilkworms guys are behind this. I've never even seen them over at Hell in the 3-4 years I was a member there, I only saw them at mygnrforum where no mention of this myspace page seems to exist. Eric hopefully had the sense to remove it.

AtariLegend wrote:
downliner wrote:

deleted my account a few weeks ago

You've joined a very exclusive club... 22

In fairness to jarmo, if he didn't take the place to an extreme "Fan Only" direction, it'd probably overloaded with negatively and complaining about the band considering the past year, it is a different place for fans.

Of course the whole censorship issue was just a terrible way to handle everything, thats the only real complaint I would have, if I still posted their.

AtariLegend wrote:
downliner wrote:

deleted my account a few weeks ago

You've joined a very exclusive club... 22

In fairness to jarmo, if he didn't take the place to an extreme "Fan Only" direction, it'd probably overloaded with negatively and complaining about the band considering the past year, it is a different place for fans.

exactly.  look at what MyGnR and thats what would happen there if Jarmo didn't put his foot down.   Some people might like MYGNR and thats ok, im' not trying to bash it, but take a look at it and youll see its pretty much a place to bash axl rose and anyone associated with him or involved in the current Guns n roses lineup.

Board footer