You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ronartest2004
 Rep: 2 

Re: How hard is it to leak a song?

I always wondered why songs by all other artists just would get leaked and we wouldnt ever wonder how it got leaked.

But with GNR we have always just accepted that there is so much work that has to go into a song getting leaked, we hear about people having songs but being scared to leak them in fear of getting caught.

Last time I checked couldnt you just get some free wifi, open up limewire, and oops...guess what..I just leaked (insert random gnr song title here).

Its just always been this twisted road of.."well this guy in some other country has this song and msl told him that he would buy him a guitar if he got a song...then msl gives the song to this guy who has his friend leaks the song".

Why have we always accepted that its sooo hard to leak a gnr song...I think if someone really wanted songs to leak...they could just put em in a zipfile and upload to random site and off ya go.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I don't "know" by any means. 

But I think the main difference is that most leaks are from albums that are about to come out.  Finished, discs pressed, just sitting on a shelf waiting to come out.  The GNR leaks were of songs still being worked on, which is much more rare.

ronartest2004

jorge76 wrote:

I don't "know" by any means. 

But I think the main difference is that most leaks are from albums that are about to come out.  Finished, discs pressed, just sitting on a shelf waiting to come out.  The GNR leaks were of songs still being worked on, which is much more rare.

Yeah I know what you are saying there, but what Im saying is that there are people that have songs and are scared to leak them. But I just think that people make leaking a song way too dramatic.

I mean shit, whole prerelease albums have leaked before...Like Nas I am... Bone thugs Art of War..etc...

I know there is a difference in a finished chinese democracy sitting in a best buy in anytown,usa and an unfinished song on axls laptop, but im saying you had the guy who leaked the 16 secs of checkmate aka the general...If he really wanted it to leak he couldve just uploaded it somewhere, washed his hands of it..and noone wouldve known.

I just think that people want "fame" from leaking axls material...but they dont wanna get in trouble for doing so....Its really stupid if you think about it.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It's pretty easy. If I had a song I would upload it to some website like rapidshare, call it something else than the title, say I found the link or got the link thru a friend and just shared at first thru PM's on one or two boards and let the internet do the rest.

ronartest2004

DCK wrote:

It's pretty easy. If I had a song I would upload it to some website like rapidshare, call it something else than the title, say I found the link or got the link thru a friend and just shared at first thru PM's on one or two boards and let the internet do the rest.

Yep exactly...I just think that we as fans get so happy about the possibility of getting a leaked song, we never wonder why it just isnt uploaded to yousendit or rapidshare, and someone says "hey look what I found"...

Instead its a big long drawn out process that 9 times outta 10 ends up being a lost cause.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cuz GnR Hoarders are like any other Hoarders, they like to hold onto what they get as it is somehow "valuable" when nobody has it,,,they also get their jollies off of having something noone else does

additionally those close to the band have access to the songs obviously and would hold onto them because they know Axl/the band and dont wanna betray their trust

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I know the feeling of the hoarders. I've felt the same with pictures I've managed to get my hands on thru people. Rare photos, never before in digital. People asked me if I could hand them over to them. I hesitated until I realized that I had no claim over the images..they weren't mine at all. I just managed to get my hands on them. And so I shared freely to those who asked. They fall pray for the same idea as they are stealing from. The artists. They feel they "own" it since they "found it".

ronartest2004

DCK wrote:

I know the feeling of the hoarders. I've felt the same with pictures I've managed to get my hands on thru people. Rare photos, never before in digital. People asked me if I could hand them over to them. I hesitated until I realized that I had no claim over the images..they weren't mine at all. I just managed to get my hands on them. And so I shared freely to those who asked. They fall pray for the same idea as they are stealing from. The artists. They feel they "own" it since they "found it".

GNR hoarders have a real sense of entitlement, its really kinda sickning.
If I were Axl I'd be more pissed about people using my name/songs for their own publicity. Its always seems like whoever may have a possible leak its the same ol thing "hey I MAY have a leak...keep checking here to find out.....".

It really makes all of us fans look like the dumbest sacks of shit.

the leaking itself isn't the hard part. obv.

getting the song in the first place on the other hand . . .

Board footer